Audit Flap Didn't Put New Hampshire's Credit at Risk, Rating Analysts Say
- All credit ratings not created equal. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/26/2011, Vol. 21, p608
The article reports that researchers from Rice University, American University, and Indiana University have unanimously found that at least one of the major credit ratings agencies exaggerated credit scores of private debt against public bonds over the last 30 years.
- Lakewood Hosp, Ohio, Raised by Moody s. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p2
Reports on the revision of the bond rating for Lakewood Hospital Association in Ohio by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Upgrade of the outlook from negative to stable; Improvement in financial performance and balance sheet measures; Enhancement of the market share and operating performance.
- Panel: Problems With Current System Largely to Blame for Subprime Crisis. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/19/2007, Vol. 262 Issue 32757, p6
The article offers information on a forum hosted by the American Enterprise Institute where problems within the current system of rating credit and how they should be dealt with in the future were addressed. Further, panelists called for increased ratings competition, as the market is currently...
- Colonie, N.Y., Debt Cut to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p2
The article reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the multimillion-dollar in Series 2006 refunding serial bonds in Colonie, New York. It also downgraded the town's outstanding parity debt to A2 with a negative outlook from Aa3. The downgrade reflects an accumulated...
- More Corporate Ratings? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p1
The article reports on the opening of a market comment on a plan to extend the corporate rating equivalent of Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the U.S. Naomi Richman, chief credit officer of Moody's, has stated that there is a need to be able to translate the municipal rating on the same scale...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Outlook Raised to Positive From Negative by Moody's. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p44
The article reports on the credit rating of Buffalo, New York from the perspective of Moody's Investors Service Inc. On August 10, 2006, the agency revised its outlook to positive from negative for the city. Moody's remarked that the rating is a result of the city's narrow but improved financial...
- Moody's Downgrades Cherry Hill, N.J., to Al Ahead of$33M Borrowing. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31979, p29
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investor Service to downgrade Cherry Hill, New Jersey's rating from A1 to Aa3. Consideration of the downgrade as a significant reduction in financial reserves in 2004; Discussion on the township's depleting reserves; Reasons for the depletion.
- S&P Improves Alabama's Outlook To Stable Ahead of $83M GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p39
Reports on the changes of the rating outlook for Alabama by Standard & Poor's. Influence of the increase in the economy of the state on the revision of the rating; Decrease in the outlook for the AA credit to negative; Factors behind the stable rating for Alabama.
- MONITORED LIST. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/9/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 19, p9
The article reports on monitored list supplement which provides investment ratings and other key data on 173 monitored stocks. Stocks are rated with five terms. Focus Buys represent the top picks for 12-month gains. Buys are expected to meaningfully outperform the market over the next 12 months....