Cultural Institutions Bear Down, Build Up During Tough Times
- Revolutionary Association of Afghan Women Respond to the Recent Terrorist Attacks. // Off Our Backs;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p0
Presents the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan's statement about the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack in the United States. Stance of the association toward the Taliban Movement; Proposals on how the United States government should address the problem of terrorism;...
- EXCERPTS FROM THE RAWA STATEMENT ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF SEPT 11. // Women & Environments International Magazine;Spring2003, Issue 58/59, p17
Presents an excerpt from the Revolutionary Afghani Women's Association statement on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S.
- APHA honored for response to 2001 terrorist attacks. // Nation's Health;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p16
Reports on a national award received by the American Public Health Association (APHA) in May 2003 in recognition of the outstanding public health leadership shown by the association in the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist and anthrax attacks in the U.S. Accomplishments of the...
- Thank You for Helping a Country Heal. Koth, Jessica // Director (NFDA Services, Inc.);Sep2011, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p112
The author expresses gratitude to the people who came together across the U.S. to offer comfort to one another and help the country heal following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. She acknowledges the efforts of funeral directors in starting the healing process for many Americans who...
- The Year in Review. Vest, Chris // Association Management;Dec2002, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p63
Discusses the impact of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on associations in the U.S. in 2002. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and related topics; Implications on association management.
- The Rebuilding Begins. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 38, pN.PAG
Focuses on the actions taken by the New York State Credit Union League in establishing a command center in New York City. Objectives of the project; Assistance to be given to credit unions which were affected by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City; Changes in how New York...
- The Difference September 11 Makes. // T+D;Dec2001, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p33
Focuses on the importance of discussing diversity in the light of the events of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Dangers of Islamic profiling; Suggestions to help guide individuals thoughts and actions following the attacks; Information on history, culture, religious beliefs and...
- The Camp Community's Response to September 11 What We Did, Why We Did It, and What It Means. Giuliani, Rudolph // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p16
Presents the message given by Rudolph Giuliani, chairman of Twin Towers Fund, for the American Camping Association and all the camps that took the initiative to help the families of those lost on September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S.
- Wealth of Spirit. Penniman, Nick // American Prospect;11/5/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p24
Investigates the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on nonprofit organizations. Challenges facing nonprofits; Amount contributed by foundations, corporations and individuals to nonprofits in 2000; Comments from Rick Cohen, president of the National Committee for Responsive...