BK Donates In Bulk
- Burger King donates more than $1 million to the Jimmy Fund. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/3/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 43, p21
The article reports that Burger King franchisees and company executives have presented two checks for a total of $1,176,644 to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's Jimmy Fund.
- Vitasoy donates soy milk to America's Second Harvest. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/27/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p98
Reports the donation of soy milk to America's Second Harvest food banks by Vitasoy USA Inc.
- Olive Garden revs up to fight hunger. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/5/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p61
Reports on the continuation of the Drive Against Hunger program of the restaurant operator Olive Garden in Orlando, Florida. Sponsorship of the program by the Team Olive Garden race car; Benefits of the program for America's Second Harvest group; Donation of food to the food banks of the...
- Be Santa to the world's hungry. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;12/12/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p1603
Details the Web site known as the Hunger Site. How the Web site relies on corporate donors to buy staple foods; Discussion of three hunger relief programs which include America's Second Harvest, Mercy Corps and the United Nations World Food Program; Estimations of world hunger.
- Fleets deliver second harvest. Petty, Gary // Fleet Owner;Jan2002, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the role of donated shipping services of private trucking fleets and for-hire truckers in reducing hunger in the United States. Estimates of the domestic hunger network Second Harvest (A2H), on the amount of food needed to eliminate the hunger problem in the country; Factors to be...
- back bites. // Contract Journal;8/30/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6590, p44
The article presents updates on the construction industry in Great Britain. Healthy eating has not quite taken off Stateside, judging by the latest addition to the Burger King (BK) menu. The BK Stacker Quad is a monster burger boasting four beef patties, four slices of cheese and eight strips of...
- Burger King awards grants to young scholars. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p24
The article reports that the Burger King/McLamore Foundation has granted more than $1.5 million to high school graduates who will be attending college in 2006. Scholars were chosen according to academic excellence, work experience, participation in extracurricular activities and community...
- CHARITABLE CHATTER. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/20/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p20
No abstract available.
- Nonprofit Briefs. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/23/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p9
The article offers news briefs in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Campaign for Your Cause fund of Burger King Corp. will contribute $100,000 to nonprofits nominated by residents of the city. It could be noted that the residents can nominate organizations at its Web site and vote for their favorite...