The Tundra: New In More Ways Than One
- Recession tarnishes Toyota's innovative plant. Maskery, Mary Ann // Automotive News;11/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5525, p41
Reports on the effect of Japan's economic recession on Toyota Motor Corp.'s automobile plant in Kyushu. Price tag; Unit capacity; Toyota's excess capacity; Plant's location and description; Equipment used in the plant; Scaling down of operations.
- Toyota hints it's interested in putting plant in Mexico. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;1/3/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5532, p7
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s interest in Mexico as a possible production base following implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Toyota vice president Masaharu Tanaka's meeting with Mexican president Carlos Salinas de Gortari and aide; Toyota's sending of delegation to...
- More North American expansion for Toyota? Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Jun96, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p39
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s T100 pickup truck plant in Lafayette, Indiana. Projected North American vehicle sales in 2000 and 2001; Production capacity of the plant; Toyota's engine plant project.
- Toyota plans Brazil plant. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;8/12/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5673, p20
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s plan to build a greenfield plant in Brazil to produce 15,000 Corollas a year. Cost of factory; Expansion of Toyota's business activities in Latin America; World Trade Organization complaint filed by Japan against Brazil's automotive trade policy.
- Toyota eyes more American capacity. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;4/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5708, p1
Focuses on Toyota Motor Corp. senior product development executive Akihiro Wada's plan to endorse the expansion of a truck-plant complex under construction in Indiana as part of a $3.3 billion capacity expansion in North America. Background on the plant under construction in Evansville,...
- Toyota plans second European plant. Feast, Richard // Automotive Industries;Jan1998, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p30
Presents information on the plans of Toyota corporation to build a second European assembly facility. Where the plant is to be built; Estimated cost of the plant; Detailed information on the plant.
- Toyota's new plant in France weighs build-to-order plan. Farhi, Stephane // Automotive News;05/31/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5822, p16
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s construction of a car assembly plant in Valenciennes, France. Company's plan to use the plant in building cars to dealer order.
- Toyota eyes Midwest site. Kisiel, Ralph; Henry, Jim // Automotive News;8/21/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5619, p1
Reports that Toyota Motor Co. is considering to build a production facility in the Middle West in its efforts to build more trucks in North America. States considered for the plant's location; Michigan Governor John Engler's invitation for the company to locate in the state; Plant to fuel the...
- Toyota's North American plants. // Automotive News;11/20/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5633, p48
Presents a map location of Toyota's North American plants.
- If Toyota's right, what you thought you knew about building cars is wrong. Kochan, Anna // Automotive News Europe;9/10/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p8
Provides information on the automobile plant of Toyota in Valenciennes, France. Importance of the size of the plant; Features of the plant; Benefits of the ordering system of the plant.