For Faster Cutting: Cut in Balance
- Metal Boring Bars For Extended Length Applications. // Production Machining;Oct2008, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p72
The article evaluates the carbide boring bars from Kennametal Inc.
- Coated insert grades. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Jun2004, p46
Features the KC5510 and KC5525 coated insert grades from Kennametal Inc. in Australia. Citation of the tensile strength of high-temperature alloys; Cutting speeds achieved; Sizes and shapes available.
- Cutting tools that make the grade. Aspinwall, David; Dewes, Richard // Metalworking Production;Aug2003, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p21
Discusses the innovation of cutting tools. Development of carbide cutting tools; Adoption of high speed machining by industries; Introduction of advanced coated carbide products. INSET: On the web.
- Tools to increase speed, efficiency -- Pt. 3. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the methods and tools that will increase employee speed and efficiency in the field. It suggests using a conventional carbide bladed compound mitre saw in cutting thin non-ferrous metals. It also introduces the Fastcap Sawhood, a tent like device that covers the cutting...
- Carbide Drill Improves Productivity For Heat Exchanger
Manufacturer. // Modern Machine Shop;Nov2004, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p108
Details the improvements in productivity gained by Cemline Corp., a manufacturer of heat exchangers for commercial and industrial hydronic heating systems, from using the Dynapoint SE211HP solid carbide drills from Kennametal. Problem experienced by Cemline from investing in new production...
- Milling Inserts For High Speed Aluminum Machining. Bramlet, Christy R. // Modern Machine Shop;Nov2005, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p158
This article introduces the Mill 1 Max line of cutting tool from Kennametal Inc. Engineered to maximize productivity when machining aerospace aluminum alloys, such as 7075, Mill 1 Max line of tooling provides 90-degree walls at 25-mm axial depth of cut and high speed cutting (25,000 rpm for a...
- Reduce Waste And Increase Efficiency With Carbide Recycling. Felix, Chris // Production Machining;Apr2006, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p31
The article features Kennametal Inc.'s carbide recycling program. Senior product manager Pankaj Khare explains the company's carbide recycling program which was launched in July 2005. Khare claims that the program completes the loop in supply-chain efficiency for the customer and emphasizes ease...
- Oscillating Multi-Tool. Adam, Robert // Old House Journal;May/Jun2009, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p20
The article features the oscillating multi-tool or a hobby tool, which brought new set of applications. It mentions that the tool's vibrating head rotates back and forth three degrees using a variable speed control that makes it the safest tool. It notes that the multi-tool can cut, sand and...
- The case for optimized inserts. Katbi, Karl // Modern Machine Shop;Jan98, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p88
Discusses the benefits offered by carbide inserts to machine-tool companies. Elements of a successful cutting tool application; Material composition of most substrates in a coated insert; Factors to be considered in evaluating insert coatings; Coating technologies used in the cutting tool...