On the Management Side
- Pick the right solution. // Communication Briefings;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a discussion of solving problem in an organization, adapted from the book "The Team Trainer" by William I. Gorden et al.
- Spot the signs of a troubled worker. // Office Manager Today;Feb2016, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on ways to solve and detect problems of employees such as knowing the causes of work-related changes, learning to make employees think that someone understand their situation, and helping employees to express their problems.
- Team Events Increase Involvement. Karsh, Murrel // Association Management;Mar2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p26
Outlines the components of successful team-building events. Energy and excitement; Communication and effective listening; Problem solving and time management.
- Test your 2000+ PEOPLE skills. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p25
Presents a questionnaire to assess personnel management skills. Includes questions on problem solving; Ethics; Open-mindedness.
- Diagnose Your HRD Problems Away. Finlay, Joel S. // Training & Development Journal;Aug84, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p50
Presents a diagnostic approach to solving human resource development problems. Separation of the concept of diagnosis and therapy in the personnel management context; Problem solving steps; Analysis of the solution applied.
- Offer Solutions, Not Blame. // Successful Supervisor;Feb2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article suggests the need for managers to act cooperatively when trying to solve problems.
- Constructive Conflict. Vessenes, Katherine // Financial Planning;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p146
Offers information about the Kolbe System used by managers to optimize individual and group performance. Details on conation; Brief background on the creation of the Kolbe System; Problem-solving approaches identified by the system; Discussion of the action modes comprising the system.
- Transcending Boundaries. Heckel, Nancy; Quinlivan-Hall, Dave // Training & Development Journal;Jul87, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p72
Presents suggestions on how to help management make the most of blurring organizational levels. Need for and benefits of communication skills training; Involvement of employees in organizational problem solving.
- Conceptualization of human resource management in quality management literature. Yaacob, Zulnaidi // International Journal of Innovations in Business;Jan2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p42
This paper aims to report the conceptualization of Human Resource Management (HRM) in the literature of Quality Management (QM). In achieving this objective, a group of published articles were reviewed and analyzed to identify the way the authors had conceptualized the HRM construct. Results...