Minnesota Governor's Bonding Plan Puts Emphasis on Education, Transportation
- Under Threat of Closings, N.H. Revives Property Tax. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;11/10/99, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p28
Reports on a measure approved by the New Hampshire legislature to finance schools. Condition of New Hampshire's school system in October 1999; Provisions under the legislation approved; Background of New Hampshire's funding troubles.
- Calif. Assembly Approves $25B of School Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p1
Reports the approval of the education bond package by the California Assembly lawmakers. Presentation of the package to the voters during an election for approval; Completion of backlogged projects; Stipulations in the bill.
- Ohio school funding panel's bond plan would expand lawmakers' powers. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p2
Discloses that the Ohio School Funding Task Force has unveiled a plan that would allow Ohio lawmakers to authorize the issuance of state general obligation (GO) bonds for school buildings without voter approval. Role of the task force; Limiting of debt service on the state's outstanding direct...
- Alabama governor has `mixed feelings' on proposed school bonding measure. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p3
Focuses on the prospects for the passage of legislation in Alabama authorizing the sale of revenue bonds to improve and renovate schools in the state. Features of the state House's approval of the measure; Differences in the House and Senate versions of the legislation; Total worth of bonds to...
- Ohio considers $1 billion-plus bonding bill to aid schools. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p1
Reports that the Ohio House of Representatives is set to begin debate on a $1.72 billion, two-year capital bill that includes about $1.52 billion of state bonds. Use of most of the bond proceeds to fund school construction; Appropriations for public school building assistance and for colleges...
- Bond issuance may be triggered as Colorado passes school aid bill. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30389, p31
Reports on the passage of a bill which may help generate school bond issuance in Colorado. Allowing of voters to decide whether to let the state release $200 million annually for five years into education and highway capital expenditures; Description of the other provisions of the bill; Call...
- House panel approves $1.7 billion in cuts to 1995 education programs. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;3/1/95, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p21
Reports on a United States House appropriations panel's approval of a bill that would eliminate 43 education programs and reduce spending in more than a dozen others to save $1.7 billion in the 1995 fiscal year. Programs targeted by the bill; Title I compensatory-education program; Goals 2000:...
- Students urge lawmakers to rethink cuts and roadblocks for SUNY. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p14
The article reports on the move of the students from the State University of New York (SUNY) to urge state lawmakers to consider the negative impact on the students if the proposed cuts to the budget for higher education will push through in New York.
- ARKANSAS: More Money for Education. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/2/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33409, p9
The article reports on the agreement of the State House and Senate committees to increase Arkansas' support of public education over the next two fiscals years to account for inflation.