ISM Index Up To 58.6 in Dec
- MANUFACTURING IS NOT AN IDEOLOGY. Blanchard, Dave // Industry Week/IW;Apr2009, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the need of the manufacturing industry in the U.S. to come up with a new strategy to endure the recession in 2009 without having to wait for the government's approach to overhaul the sector. Chief economist David Huether asserted that investment spending by manufacturers...
- IN THE NEWS. // Production Technology News;Jan2007, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p14
The article offers news briefs on issues related to the U.S. manufacturing industry as of January 2007. According to PricewaterhouseCoopers' "Manufacturing Barometer," only 45% of U.S. industrial manufacturers are optimistic about the country's economy. The North American Die Casting Association...
- Economist to national properties association: It'll OK. Newswire, Dolan // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/1/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p9B
The article focuses on the views of economist Toby Madden regarding the economic condition of the U.S. for 2006. Madden expects the economy to grow slowly in the later part of the year. The growth in jobs and industrial productivity in 2005 will help a positive economy. Moreover, economic...
- Panellists stay bearish on America Plain strategy scoops robust returns. Jackson, Will // Fund Strategy;4/23/2007, p30
The article discusses the findings of the survey concerning the performance of the stockmarket in the U.S. in 2007. Seven out of the 15 respondents expect the American stockmarket to be the worst performer among the major markets over the next 12 months. The survey also reveals a hopeless...
- March Trade Deficit Up to Record $46.0B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p2
Reports that the U.S. trade deficit expanded in March 2004. Contrast with the previous month's level; Comparison with economists' forecasts; Level of imports and exports.
- Housing Starts Seen Posting 8.9% Rise. // American Banker;5/17/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 94, p9
States economists expect housing starts, which will be reported in a U.S. Commerce Department report due today, to show they rose moderately last month. The median estimate of 21 economists surveyed; View of economist Elizabeth Casinelli that there was a partial recovery in housing starts.
- Stateside recovery still a long way off according to forecasters. Carmona, JosÉ L. // Caribbean Business;5/22/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p26
The article reports on the survey conducted by the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) regarding the economic condition in the U.S. The survey shows that the economy will continue to be weak and the unemployment rate will increase despite of the completion of the credit crunch and...
- Looking Ahead. Peters, Rita C. // R&D Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p5
The author offers an outlook for research and development (R&D) in 2010. Economists have forecasted the U.S. economy to grow by 3.3 per cent in 2010 and R&D expenditures to grow by 2.85 per cent. The U.S. is expected to keep its lead in leading technology areas and government stimulus programs...
- What's New. // Operations & Fulfillment;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p48
Presents updates on retail trade in the U.S. as of March 2004. Information on the "Technological Elite and Other Users" report from Pew Internet and American Project; Forecasts of Citigroup Global Markets Group for the U.S. economy.