`I Really Felt She Cared, and That Was Motivating'
- Conrail ESOP could lose. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;4/14/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports that participants in Conrail Incorporated's employee share-ownership plan (ESOP) could be prevented from collecting a piece of a $1.15 billion windfall expected from the company's acquisition by CSX Corporation as a result of tax rules in Arcane, Philadelphia. How the windfall will be...
- Conrail will cut 900 non-union jobs. // Railway Age;Mar96, Vol. 197 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the plans made by Conrail Incorporated to reduce 900 non-union jobs between 1996 and 1999. Statistics on unionized employees; Statistics on employees who are eligible for voluntary retirement; Company's goals.
- Telephonic wellness keeps Conrail on track. Shutan, Bruce // Employee Benefit News;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the health promotion services for employees of Conrail company. Factors considered by the American Corporate Health Programs Inc. (ACHP) in crafting an alternative approach for Conrail; Details on the `Health Calls' program; Cost-effectiveness of telephonic counseling program;...
- Conrail shuffles deck, promotes senior execs. // Traffic World;12/5/94, Vol. 240 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the reorganization at Conrail Incorporated. Ronald J. Conway; Gerald T. Gates; Richard S. Pyson; More.
- Conrail employees forgo pay increases. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec81, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p58
Reports on the decision of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) employees to forgo pay increases. Aim of the union-represented employees to help the company save millions of dollars annually; Specification of wage restrictions in the Northeast Rail Service Act of 1981; Legislative provision for...
- BMWE, Conrail reach accord. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;8/05/96, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p43
Reports on the settlement of a job protection dispute between Conrail Inc. and the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees (BMWE). BMWE winning of an enhanced supplemental unemployment insurance; Comment by chairman of the National Carriers' Conference Robert Allen; Open issues in national...
- Conrail's creative path to corporate enlightenment. Comstock, Marcia L. // Employee Benefit News;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p16
Looks at the strategy of Conrail Inc. in handling the fatigue issue that generally affected the productivity and morale of its employees. Obstacles to the integration of the company's alertness assurance plan; Information on the company's approach in implementing its pilot project; Results of...
- Carriers seek mediation to block BMWE strike. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;4/3/95, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the railway industry's efforts to prevent a strike by the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees (BMWE) against Conrail Inc. Bargaining role of the National Carriers Conference Committee; Application for mediation services with the National Mediation board; Issue of local versus...
- Rail labor pact. // Chemical Week;8/14/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 31, p40
Reports on Consolidated Rail Corp.'s tentative agreement with the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees on a new labor contract to avert a possible nationwide railroad strike.