Employment Contracts Gain Ground in Corporate America
- A Short Guide to Employment Contracts. Bán, Péter // Budapest Business Journal;4/10/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p17
In the article, the author comments on labor contracts under Hungarian Labor Code, including clarification of mandatory terms, nature of contract to be stated in the contract system and clarification of general principles.
- Can the employer unilaterally vary the employment contract? // Credit Management;May2010, p43
The article focuses on the general rule on changing employment contract in which the changes can only be made with the agreement of all the parties or in accordance with the terms of the contract in Great Britain.
- SRA delays launch of abridged LPC. Parker, Jon // Lawyer;6/4/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p6
The article reports that the alternative routes to qualify as a lawyer will not be piloted in 2007 as planned, according to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in Great Britain. Jonathan Spencer, SRA education and training committee, has stated that it would be wise to spend more time in...
- Preparation of municipal procurement subjects to work in the contract system. Knyazeva, Marina // Concept / Koncept;2014, Issue 3, p1
The article is devoted to analysis of readiness of municipal servants and employees of budgetary institutions to work in contractual system. The author offers the number of tools, helping to improve the quality of their training.
- Discovery's Zaslav Earns a Big Bump. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on the employment contract initiative of Discovery Communication Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) David Zaslav in the U.S. It states that Zaslav has extended the contract of the company's employees until 2015 with additional base salary to three million dollars and...
- Object lesson. // Works Management;Sep2008, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p9
The article offers information on the necessary actions to take before an employer can change the terms and conditions of employment. It states that the first move to take for any employer seeking to alter working patterns is to establish whether there is already provision within the contract of...
- Good work for laid-off. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/19/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p8
This article reflects on the uncompetitive labor practice called "job bank" tucked in some automaker and supplier labor contracts. Under the job bank, nonworking hourly employees are paid as much as 90 percent of their regular pay for doing, well, nothing if they are laid off. Until those...
- PERSONAL AND JOB CHARACTERISTICS AS DETERMINANTS OF EMPLOYEE-FIRM CONTRACT STRUCTURE. Markusen, James R. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May79, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p255
This article discusses the existence of a hierarchy of employee-firm contracts within individual business enterprises and the connection of contract structure to the personal and job characteristics of the employees in question. In particular, much of the analysis will focus on three pure...
- How you can survive a GSA MAS audit. Koehl, G. Matthew // Accounting Today;11/29/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p25
Offers advice on surviving a multiple award schedule (MAS) contract systems audit by the U.S. General Services Administration's Federal Supply Service (FSS). Expansion of the scope and intensity of MAS audits by the FSS; Information on flaws of the MAS contract systems; Procedures and internal...