Web-based Training Yields Maximum Returns
- Easier evaluation with Web-based tools. Kimball, Lisa // Training & Development;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p54
Presents a sampling of World Wide Web options for training evaluation and reinforcement. Includes Web-based electronic mail; Audio teleconferencing; Web conferencing. INSET: Sites on Web-based tools..
- From classroom to chat room. Pritchard, Carl L. // Training & Development;Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p76
Describes several approaches to Web-based training. Threaded discussions; Use of chat rooms; Electronic mail; Understanding Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
- Employee training offered on the Net. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p21
Reports on `Internet Informatics' employee training program offered by the Polytechnic University on the Internet computer network.
- Sizzlin' sites for HRD. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p22
Describes some of the best Web sites on human resources development (HRD). Australian Human Resource Institute's site; Benefits Link; HR World; Inside HR; U.S. Department of Labor.
- Cool sites for trainers. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p15
Lists Web sites for trainers. Inside Training Technology; HR OnLINE.
- Audio sites. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p15
Lists audio-enabled Web sites for trainers. AudioNet; C-SPAN; @Computerworld; BBC TV UK; C/NET Radio; NewsRadio.
- Cool sites. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;May97, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p27
Recommends several web sites for training employees. Features; Access information.
- TECH TIPS. // Managing People at Work;Jan2011, Issue 346, p2
The article suggests ways on how to utilize online tools in training employees which include using YouTube to find video clips on various topics, applying wikis to discuss issues and soliciting online contributions from a wider net of employees to solve a business problem.
- Free and easy. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Aug98, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p19
Presents employee training-related information on the Internet. WebMuseum's downloadable fine art files that can be used for Websites and presentations; Employee manual guidelines.
- Live and online: A WBT primer. Black, Debra // Training & Development;Sep98, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p34
Discusses how participants can achieve desirable results when using Web-based corporate training. Proper practice; Instructors' technical and professional support in preparing learners; Quality technology; Strong vendor presence; Class activities; Ways to retool current teaching skills. ...