HR Strategies Help Push New Razor to Number One
- A razor-sharp strategy. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);6/24/2009, p20
The article reports on the suggested marketing strategies for Gillette Co., which is owned by Procter & Gamble Co., for the razor-blade market. It is noted that Gillete must drive profitability and practise positive competition. It mentions the significance of the brand's investment on online...
- Spoken & Written. Gadiesh, Orit; Rosenzweig, Michael; Wilcox, Ken; Feulner, Edwin J.; Davis, Evelyn Y.; Boeckmann, Alan; Stonecipher, Harry C.; Greifeld, Bob; Colvin, Geoffrey; Jordan, Michael H. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 25 Issue 149, p30
This article focuses on the self-assurance exhibited by the Chief Executive Officers (CEO) of the corporations. It further presents a list of letters in response to the self-reliance shown by the CEO of the Gillette Co. The company missed Wall Street forecasts for 14 quarters before Jim Kilts...
- Gillette Shaves Inventory Costs. J.H. // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p14
Reports the reduction of the working capital of Gillete Co. in the United States. Plan to lift company stocks through reorganization efforts; Complication regarding the reduction of inventory costs; Concerns on the rise of inventories and receivables at the company; Claims of the company...
- Innovation Miniseries. // Industry Week/IW;07/19/99, Vol. 248 Issue 14, p38
Features Gillete Company's product development through the use of miniature cameras to get at the core interactions between its products and their users. Development of the Gillete Oral B Cross Action toothbrush; Application of microcameras in shaving research.
- Gillette's Q2 Duracell Battery Sales Decline 11%. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p41
Reports on the financial performance of Gillette Co. for the second quarter of 2001. Sales of Duracell battery; Reduction in trade inventory levels; Features of CopperTop battery.
- Introducing the MACH3: Inside a razor-sharp PR campaign. // Public Relations Tactics;May99, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p18
Looks into the public relations (PR) campaign for Gillette Co.'s MACH3 triple-blade razor. Success of the campaign in the United States market; Comments of Gillette Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Alfred Zelen on the success of the company's PR campaign; Measures taken to ensure that the...
- 'Bump Patrol' debuts 'Smooth Crew'. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;12/8/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the debut of the Smooth Crewa razors of the razor brand Bump Patrol in Georgia, which is part of an education campaign that aims to help eliminate razor bumps.
- Gillette to launch men's grooming range. // Marketing Week;10/23/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p7
Reports that Gillete Co. will be launching Gillete Complete, a men grooming range. Role in countering Beiersdorf AG's Nivea for Men line; Products included in the grooming range; Appointment of Jeff Riley as head of personal care division.
- Oral-B Sets Blues Clues Toothbrushes. Bittar, Christine // Brandweek;05/24/99, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p1B
Focuses on the development of kiddy toothbrushes and a toothpaste by Gillette's Oral-B and Nickelodeon. Target consumer of the product line; Information on the product line; Reason for selecting Blue's Clues; Retail price of the products.