White Males See Diversity's Other Side
- Diversity Training Goes to Court. // Training & Development;Nov91, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p11
Discusses issues related to diversity in the workplace in the U.S. Concerns expressed by business leaders about how to manage a changing workforce; Lawsuit against Lucky Stores for disriminatory practices.
- We're Not Done. Yet. Morabito, Cheri // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the significance of diversity of the workforce in the marketing industry, one on the differences between diversity and inclusion of the workforce, and one on the celebration of the Alaska Native/National American...
- Evolving Diversity, Building Resources. Padilla, Diane T. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the advantages and challenges of diversity in the workplace in New Hampshire. Language barriers of employees; Cultural growth within the business organization; Voluntary compliance with federal laws prohibiting job discrimination.
- Diversity pays, doesn't it? Smith, Paul // New Zealand Management;Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the findings of the `Equal Employment Opportunities Trust' survey regarding diversity in the workforce in New Zealand. Value of diversity for employers; Wage gap between men and women; Discrimination problems in business; Problems associated with the diversity in the workforce. ...
- Managing Diversity. James, Erica Hayes; Wooten, Lynn Perry // Executive Excellence;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the barriers to managing diversity in the workplace. Failure of companies to link diversity management to consequences; Controversy associated with diversity initiatives; Effect of defensive routines on reflective learning following accusations of discrimination.
- Embracing Diversity and Preventing Workplace Discrimination. Davis Jr., Elmer // Mortgage Banking;Jul2006, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p121
The article focuses on the need to embrace diversity and prevent workplace discrimination in the mortgage industry in the U.S. Organizations need the benefits of diversity in order to leverage similarities and appreciate differences. In addition, employers are required by law to avoid...
- `Weirdos' welcome. Adler, Ilya // Business Mexico;Aug1999, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the detrimental impact of workplace discrimination on the operations of companies in Mexico. Losses in the area of workplace innovation brought forth by a diverse workforce; Requirements for having a diverse workforce; Factors behind the lack of workforce diversity in Mexico.
- Clarification. // Advertising Age;9/25/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 39, p17
The author comments on the increasing diversity in advertising agencies in the U.S. He stressed that such increasing diversity cannot be accomplished by agencies inking agreements that have unrealistic or unachievable hiring goals. If agencies hire candidates based on ethnicity alone rather than...
- Slaughters and Norton Rose ahead of the pack in diversity. Charles, Gemma // Lawyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p4
Reports that Slaughter & May has emerged as the only top 20 law firm to have implemented a formal diversity policy. Compulsory diversity training for all staff of Norton Rose; Members of the global diversity committee at Linklaters; Release of regulation banning job discrimination.