Y U Should Worry About Y2K
- Survey: Executives unprepared for year 2000. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/02/96, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p2
Reports on a survey by RHI Consulting which found that found most chief information officers in the United States are unprepared for the year 2000 software conversion crisis.
- Y2K hits CIOs' hot button. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;08/10/98, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p34
Looks at the survey conducted among healthcare chief information officers (CIO) on the most important information system issues. Concerns of CIO on the millennium bug; Other findings of the survey.
- Y2K Snore Rooms. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Feb2000, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p78
Focuses on several retail industry information technology executives who worked during 1999 New Year's Eve to address any potential disruptions that could be caused by the year 2000 computer problem. Ice Cream Corp. chief information officer Pete Palumbo; Rick Amari of Limited Inc.; Chief...
- Year 2000 Watch. Madden, John // PC Week;01/04/99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p70
Reports on how Sanja Zagajsek, chief information officer of Hrvatska Gospodarska Banka in Zagreb, Croatia, chose to make the bank's data processing systems year 2000 compliant. Why she felt that a completely new system was the wisest choice; Her decision to seek help from Prolifics, a New...
- The CHIME/HMT CIO Roundtable: Enterprise Integration. // Health Management Technology;Mar1999, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p34
Presents a roundtable discussions with chief information officers of healthcare organizations about information technology (IT) beyond year 2000 computer problem. Ramifications for IT planning; Key decisions in 1999 that will affect the organization in year 2004; Advantages and disadvantages in...
- Former CIO: Year 2000 Spending Was An `Irrational Exercise.'. Trembly, Ara C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/14/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p7
Presents the views of Paul A. Strassmann, a former chief information officer, about the spending for the year 2000 date conversion problems (Y2K). How the companies' Y2K budget was obtained; Estimated cost of the Y2K crisis in the United States according to Gartner Group; Argument against the...
- MIS Experts Don't Agree On Y2K Prep. Trembly, Ara C. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/08/99, Vol. 103 Issue 45, p53
Discusses the results of a survey conducted on the preparations of chief information technology officers for the year 2000 (Y2K) date conversion problems. Percentage of survey respondents who are planning to have an extra cash available on January 1, 2000; Anticipation for Y2K problems;...
- So Much Software, So Little Time. Jaffe, Brian // PC Week;05/17/99, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p84
Comments on preparations of businesses for the year 2000 (Y2K) computer date conversion problem. Notification from Microsoft Corp. that there are minor Y2K issues with their Windows 98 operating system; Responsibilities of chief information officers concerning the readiness of their companies;...
- ERP reality check for scared CIOs. Langdoc, Scott // PC Week;09/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p88
Discusses the realities of enterprise application/ERP for chief information officers (CIO) worrying about the year 2000 problem. Advice when buying an ERP suite; Word of caution regarding ERP implementation; Views on ERP applications.