When Work and Private Life Collide
- Georgia's work force speaks. Masztal, Jaci Jarrett // Georgia Trend;Jun99, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p96
Presents results of a survey of employees in Georgia. Working hours per week; Decline of long-term employee commitment; Job satisfaction rates.
- Taking Stock: A Personal Note. Horton, Thomas R. // Management Review;Jul89, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p5
Reports on findings of a survey on the lives and attitudes of the American workforce and managers as of July 19889. Impact of economic slowdown on workforce; Factors attributed to lack of career advancement.
- Bringing out the best in Generation X. Minerd, Jeff // Futurist;Jan1999, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p6
Lists misconceptions and suggests ways to bring out the best in Generation X workers. Arrogance of X'ers; Short attention spans of X'ers.
- The Effect of Globalization Policy on National Labor at Banking Sector in Kuwait. Al-Enezi, Awadh K. // Journal of the Gulf & Arabian Peninsula Studies;2006, Vol. 32 Issue 123, p13
The main objective of this study is to examine the effect of Globalization policy on the National Labor Force at the Banking sector. Two hundred and fifty questionnaires were distributed among Kuwaiti employees working in the banking sector in order to know their attitudes towards the positives...
- Employee Relations and Your Bottom Line. Caldwell, Susan // Georgia Trend;May2007 Supplement, Vol. 22, p38
The article presents the author's views about the relationship between a firm's employee relations practices and its bottom line. The author says that the problems associated with staffing are primarily the cause for decreased profits. The author also says that a focused, caring and satisfied...
- Creation and Use of Intellectual Resources. Kovtun, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;May2010, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p41
The article reviews the growing role and significance of intellectual resources for expanded reproduction and their structural and substantive aspects. It is shown that in the period from 1990 to 2007 total personnel working in research and development declined significantly. The author offers a...
- Generating generation Y. // Food Service - Grill;Aug2007, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the impact of the Generation Y workforce on the hospitality industry. It stresses that the generation's self-centered attitude is a reaction to an environment that allows them to take advantage of it. It mentions that despite the reputation of the generation to focus on...
- Aligning Content Strategies With Workforce Competencies. Thompsen, Joyce // Chief Learning Officer;Apr2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p54
The article offers tips that are important in the alignment of learning content with workforce competencies in U.S. companies. A study must be conducted to identify which competencies including knowledge, skills and abilities must employees show to attain ideal business results. The...
- 'The Desire to Work' Carlson, William S. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/1/52, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p701
Presents the text of a speech given by William S. Carlson, president of the State University of New York, at Commencement Exercise of the State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in Buffalo, New York on August 6, 1952, which deals with changes in the attitude of Americans towards work.