In Search of Perfect Leaders
- 90th Anniversary IAM Conference. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jun/Jul2005, Issue 47, p7
The article informs that the plans for the 90th Anniversary Conference of the Institute of Association Management (IAM) continue to develop. The latest news is that the event will be opened by the Sheriff of Nottingham! Conference sessions include Leadership and Management and the Productivity...
- UK manager training needs to be priority. // Personnel Today;1/16/2007, p4
The article presents information on the management crisis in Great Britain that needs to be urgently tackled if it is to compete with the countries like India and China. Petra Wilton, head of public affairs in the company, Chartered Management Institute, condemned the state of leadership in the...
- Management in Nonprofit Organizations. Schleck, Roth S. // Nonprofit World Report;Jul/Aug83, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the significance of management in running the affairs of nonprofit organizations. Features that must be taken into account when applying management principles; Determination of the critical elements in delivering the service provided by the organization; Benefits of adhering to...
- Arriving at Authentic Leadership. Blohowiak, Don // Association Management;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p36
Provides an introspection guide for association leaders to understand volunteer leadership. Questions that association leaders must ask themselves to learn about their motives in leading the association; Reasons for accepting the burdens of leadership; Guide questions to understand the...
- Provocative Questions for Volunteer Leaders. Ernstthal, Henry L. // Association Management;Jan2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p60
Presents a list of questions designed to help volunteer leaders in associations to ponder the issues tied to their leadership role. Questions concerning a volunteer leader's role in the organization; Examination of governance and leadership; Guide questions to contemplate the future.
- Fellows' Advice. Eisinger, Jane // Association Management;Jul2002, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p65
Presents the answers of several association leaders to various questions. Valuable tool that has been adopted for professional development; Ways by which a diverse membership can build community within an organization; Communication of vision of the organization to the staff.
- LEADERSHIP IN TRANSITION. Preston, Paul // Industrial Management;Jul74, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the leadership styles in organizations. Importance of control mechanism and related activities of contemporary leadership on the functioning and operations of an organization; Relationship of control and group responses with leadership and control; Definition of leadership.
- A Recipe for Leadership. Richardson, Kevin // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Christmas2002/New Year2003, Issue 34, p8
Focuses on the launching of the Institute of Leadership and Management by the City and Guilds group aiming to develop individual potentials of becoming effective leaders in Great Britain. Enhancement of leadership and management skills in the workplace; Identification of leadership qualities;...
- Learning About Leadership. // Career World;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p29
Presents the list of organizations providing leadership programs for young adults. Features of outward bound programs; Offer of National Youth Leadership Forum of career programs in defense, diplomacy, law and medicine for high school students; Leadership training program offered by JROTC.