What Is the Key to an Effective Business Presentation?
- The Five-Minute Rule for Presentations. Schmidt, Jacqueline J.; Miller, Joseph B. // Training & Development;Mar2000, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p16
Describes a `five-minute' rule to conducting presentations during business meetings. Requirements of the rule to speakers; Ways in which the rule helps in reducing ideas; Use of introductions; Making conclusions of five-minute talks; Use of the rule in planning delivery.
- Some tips for seminars. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;3/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p28
Presents several tips on conducting successful seminars. Identification of the target markets and their needs; Strategies for marketing the seminar; Emphasis of key points during the presentation; Distribution of a follow-up letter for tracking results and determining any return on investment.
- Avoid These Presentation Pitfalls. Fripp, Patricia // Successful Supervisor;Jul2009, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
The article offers tips on how supervisors could convey significant messages during a formal presentation or a business meeting. It suggests that one must have a clear objective of what the audience can learn from the presentation. It recommends that one could start his or her presentation with...
- How to Turn Dull into Dynamic: The 10 Biggest Traps to Avoid When You Speak. Fripp, Patricia // Contract Management;Sep2009, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p10
The article offers suggestions on how to avoid the traps when speaking at a meeting. It suggests starting with a one sentence objective as well as ensuring to state the premise and list the points that support the premise. It recommends supporting key points with relevant stories using memorable...
- Of speeches and steam rooms. Adubato, Steve // Business News New Jersey;10/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p19
Offers advice on how to make a business presentation. Importance of making a human connection with the audience; Ice breakers; Use of humor.
- DEveloping Your Presentation Skills. Messmer, Max // National Public Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p26
Explores some techniques needed to develop skills in delivering presentation in a public setting. How to design presentation; How to address anxiety; How to avoid unexpected pitfalls.
- Eight time-proven presentation tips. Knapp, Daniel // Program Manager;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p56
Suggests ways for organizing and delivering a technically oriented presentation to a non-technical audience. Assumption of full responsibility for completion of an information exchange; Impact of effective presentation of information to audience on professional reputation; Understanding of...
- Effective Speaking and Presentation. Lee, Carolyn J. // Program Manager;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p32
Advises public speakers and lecturers on how to improve communication skills. Three factors affecting the delivery and acceptance of ideas; Minimization of confusion and wasted effort due to misinterpretation of the data gathered; Importance of the tone and inflection of the speaker's voice.
- Powerful presentations. Bender, Peter Urs // CMA Management;Apr99, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p31
Offers advice on how to make an effective business presentation. Characteristics of the best speeches; Formula for a good presentation; Length of the speech; Language. INSET: Five steps to a great speech.