- The Breakroom. // Managing People at Work;3/1/2016, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses news and information concerning issues on business management and employer-employee relations. Topics covered include how a car influences how others perceive the owner, how to deal with an employee who constantly complains, and percentage of employees who wear their...
- What's your problem? Bullmore, Jeremy // Management Today;Oct99, p113
Responds to inquiries concerning industrial relations. Ways to tell a colleague that he has a bad hygiene problem; Concerns of an underworked employee; Dress codes.
- HOLY MESS... // Personnel Today;1/26/2010, p3
The article reports that Darren Sherborne, head of the company Rickerbys has urged Human Resource professionals for allowing flexibility in their uniform policies after a devout Christian Nadia Eweida claimed British Airways PLC for discriminating her when she refused to stop wearing the necklace.
- Not just a matter of style: Factor safety, liability into dress code. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on setting dress code polices in the workplace relative to safety and liability factors.
- Dress--or dress down--for success. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;03/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p84
Discusses the factors to consider before implementing a dress code for employees in American companies. Trend towards business casual attire; Type of corporate culture; Importance of the appearance of the help desk and support staffers; Golf shirts with a company or group slogan for the...
- She's violating the dress code! Now what? // HR Specialist;Nov2012, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p4
The article offers suggestion on how the managers and human resource department can communicate the violation of dress code norms in an organization.
- Workplace Matters. Greenwald, Joel J. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p25
Answers queries on personnel management in New York. Method of deducting amount stole by an employee; Factors to consider in implementing dress codes; Emphasis on making consistent employment decisions.
- Find a dress code that suits you. Burnell, John // Third Sector;6/18/2008, p25
The article provides an answer to a question on how a personnel manager should tackle a staff member who refuses to comply with their dress code.
- Dress and Grooming Standards: How Legal are They? Findley, Henry; Fretwell, Cherie; Wheatley, Robert; Ingram, Earl // Journal of Individual Employment Rights;2005-2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p165
Many employers and researchers believe that even-handed dress and grooming standards are legal. However, in certain situations there can be serious legal pitfalls for those who adhere to this practice. Exceptions to dress and grooming standards may be required based on religion, freedom of...