Honest Discussion About Wages Is Right on the Money
- Women to Blame for Earning Less, Says Recruiter. // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p4
Reports that women continue to earn less than men. Analysis of salary negotiation; Tips on negotiating for money and career.
- Uncertainty. Brezinksi, Darlene // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2010, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
In this article the author discusses the possible debt implosion in the U.S. She is critical of the false notion that people have about inflation, asserting that it is an increase in the supply of money and not rising prices and wages. She also investigated the effect of inflation on companies...
- THE WAGE PRICE SPIRAL. Blanchard, Olivier J. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug86, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p543
This article discusses the old wage price spiral. Identifies the increase in aggregate demand, the process of adjustment of nominal prices and nominal wages results from attempts by workers to maintain or increase their real wages. The effect of an increase in aggregate demand was to increase...
- Fairness of spousal, family benefit subsidies mulled. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;7/12/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p6
It was a common compensation practice, from the turn of the last century into 1960's, for a male employee, when he got married, to be awarded a hefty raise so that he could afford to start a family. While such an outright gesture would be considered discriminatory in this day and age, benefit...
- Working for the Yankee Dollar? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p9
Reports that some U.S. banks are allowing U.S. employees working abroad to choose in which currency they would like to be compensated. Weakness of dollar against other currencies; Inclusion of J.P. Morgan and Merill Lynch and Co. in the list of banks; Decision of expatriates whether to be paid...
- Social Proof of Work. Slater, Matthew // Grassroots Economic Organizing Newsletter;Aug2014, p13
The article discusses the criticisms raised against the use of bitcoins to pay employees. Topics covered include the implications of the use of bitcoins for the mining sector and the energy industry. Also mentioned is the release of bitcoin at a fixed rate to pay miners who can prove that their...
- Money wage determination in post Keynesian economics. Annable Jr., James E. // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Spring80, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p405
Discusses the determinants of money wages in post-Keynesian economics. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent issues and relevant topics; Implications on post-Keynesian economics.
- New Evidence on Casual Relationships between the Money Supply, Prices and Wages in the UK. Hasan, Mohammad S. // Economic Issues;Sep99, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p75
Investigates casual relationship between money stock, prices and wages in Great Britain. Methodology; Empirical results; Conclusions.
- Salary roundup puts CPAs near the bottom of the list. // CPA Journal;Oct98, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p8
Reports on a survey by `Money' magazine comparing salaries of certified public accountants with executive secretaries, registered nurses and television reporters/correspondents in the United States. Categories with salaries that were higher than CPA.