Oklahoma Issuers Dismayed By MBIA's Quiet 'Moratorium'
- MBIA-Backed Deal in California Well Received. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p1
The article reports on the use of a bond program by two California communities to raise funds for street improvements in a deal that completed later in April 2008 and received a significant boost from MBIA Insurance Corp. The $14.7 million pooled certificate of participation deal, issued by the...
- MBIA Still Number One. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32176, p1
Reports on the success of MBIA Insurance Corp. to stay on the top position of municipal bond insurer in the U.S. Total principal amount incurred by the company for the first half of 2005; Percentage of market share gathered for its credit enhancement; Influence of deals made on the current state...
- View from the top: Munis remain MBIA's bread and butter. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p34
Profiles the success of bond insurer MBIA Insurance Corp. in the credit enhancement industry. Challenge faced by the MBIA; Company's preference for investment-grade deals; Importance of credit rating with the MBIA; Competitors of the MBIA; Bond insurance's totals and market shares.
- Connecticut Water Pollution Control Agency Readies First Deal, for $92M. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p5
Reports on the Greater New Haven Water Pollution Control Authority's plan to sell its first batch of debt on August 22, 2005. Total amount of insured regional wastewater system revenue bonds the authority intends to issue; MBIA Insurance Corp. plan to insure the debt, which Lehman Brothers,...
- Participants Post 2006 Predictions in 'Live Market Survey'. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32272, p6
The article features the MBIA Insurance Corp.-sponsored "Live Market Survey" which was conducted during "The Bond Buyer" Third Annual Metro Finance Conference in New York. Forecasts on municipal bond market volume, Treasury bonds and U.S. securities were discuses. Columbia Management Group...
- Muni Weaker, Reflecting Treasury Losses. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market reflecting losses in the Treasury market in the U.S. According to Traders, tax-exempt yields were higher by three to five basis points. Triple-A rated MBIA Insurance Corp. and Ambac Assurance Corp. were placed on review for a possible...
- N.Y. State Leads With $252M of GOs; Yields Fall Two Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p2
Presents information on bond market in the U.S. on May 1, 2003. New York State, the Port of Seattle, and the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority brought a total of more than 500 million dollars in new loans to market, while cash bond yields fell two basis points overall. Treasuries were...
- Munis Little Changed, Tone Firm; Treasuries Up From Earlier Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p2
Reports on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Change in the municipal yields and treasuries; Expectation of Anne Briglia, a fixed-income strategist at Prudential Securities Inc., regarding treasury trade; Issue of bonds by Goldman Sachs & Co.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p37
Presents statistical data related to bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Data related to daily and weekly municipal bond index; Prices of the U.S. securities; Prices of 40 municipal bonds.