Make that CONNECTION--the new TREND in storage technology
- The neverending DRAM debate. Bursky // Electronic Design;09/20/99, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p22
Discusses the ongoing disagreement between manufacturers on which DRAM architecture to use for personal computers. Avoidance by PC vendors of Rambus devices; Comparison between RDRAMS and SDRAMS; Intel Corp.'s view on the matter; Use in game systems.
- LEADERBOARD. // InfoWorld;9/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p44
Evaluates several NAS and SAN computer software products available in the U.S. market in September 2005. iSCSI Storage Server 1.5 from FalconStor Inc.; Xgig Analyzer 1.5 product from Finisar Corp.; i3000 Storage Concentrator product from Stonefly Networks Inc.
- Further investment a possibility as Avnet seeks greater access to European market. Kunert, P. // MicroScope;6/11/2007, p19
The article reports on a statement by Avnet Inc. chief operating officer Rick Hamada regarding the company's business plans in Europe. Hamada said the company would not move into desktop distribution but it was interested in enterprise servers, storage, middleware and other infrastructure tools...
- BY THe nUMBeRS. // Storage Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p11
The article presents statistics on the use of storage virtualization among companies. 34% of companies are using storage virtualization, while 69% of companies are using a single vendor or platform to do storage virtualization. 89% of companies are using storage virtualization in addition to...
- And the winner is... Duplessie, Steve // Storage Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p72
Presents rankings of employees and companies in the computer storage device industry in 2003. List of best chief technology officers; Criteria used for the best cohesive management teams; Attributes of smartest end-user storage professionals.
- Is EMC's Direct Sales Antibody On The Hurt? Faletra, Robert // CRN;2/5/2007, Issue 1228, p54
The article comments on the plan of U.S.-based computer memory maker EMC Corp. to build a viable marketing or distribution channel. The company has made the same moves before, saying that it wanted to make things happen in the solution provider market only to let its direct sales culture act...
- Gateway launches storage tools. Burt, Jeffrey; Koblentz, Evan // eWeek;8/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p20
United States-based Gateway Inc. is planning to launch its first storage products and has refreshed its two-way server as it continues its push into the enterprise, part of a larger plan to move away from its roots as a PC maker. The company has released six servers in 2003 and now wants to use...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Storage Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p14
This section presents statistics concerning the U.S. computer storage device industry as of October 2004.
- How Many Terabytes Do You Manage? // Storage Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p16
This article presents the results of a 2004 U.S. survey of storage administrators regarding terabyte management. More than half of respondents manage 5 terabytes or lees, but a full 21% manage more than 20 terabytes. One reader even claims to manage 500 terabytes with a single administrator....