- A new movie format, a new controversy. Turner, James // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/98, Vol. 90 Issue 149, pB7
Focuses on the friction between regular DVD (Digital videodiscs) and DIVX, short for digital video express. The hopes of DIVX to tap into the movie rental market; A special DIVX disc that consumers keep rather than return; The cost of such discs; The worry that some DIVX-only titles will emerge...
- DVD decoder prepares for future formats. Dipert, Brian // EDN;11/23/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p24
Focuses on C-Cube Microsystems' ZiVA-5 digital video disc (DVD) system processor. Features; Functions; Underlying technology; Price; Contact information.
- Jolly times for DVDs. Graser, Marc // Variety;12/14/98, Vol. 373 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the 1998 holiday sales of digital video discs (DVD). Examples of promotions launched by the home electronics and movie industries; Sales of DVD players by Best Buy; Sales of VideoScan; Sales for Divx.
- New materials rise to the DVD challenge. Naitove // Plastics Technology;Aug99, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p33
Reports on the development of new materials for digital video discs (DVD). Need for new materials because of the use of blue-green lasers with shorter wavelengths; Characteristics of new materials; Introduction of improved polycarbonate resins by GE Plastics; Companies which have introduced...
- Technics Celebrates 30th With DVD-Audio Launch. Safer, Will // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/10/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p4
Announces the launch of Technics' DVD-Audio digital video technology lineup at a special event in New York City as part of its 30th anniversary celebration. DVD-Audio products also announced by sibling company, Panasonic; Features and prices of the launched products.
- DVD Recorders. Vizard, Frank; Booth, Stephen A. // Popular Science;Apr99, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p55
Focuses on the increasing popularity of digital versatile disc (DVD) recorders. Organization that oversees the standards and licensing of DVD products; Consumer product companies that support DVD; Formats of DVD.
- DVD authoring. // EMedia;Oct99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p27
Provides information on equipment and software products for Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) authoring technology. Matrox RT2000 DVD and MPEG-2 editing system from Matrox Video Products Group; Software upgrades for Sony Electronics' DVA-1100 DVD authoring and premastering system; HP Visualize P600...
- DVD player sales hitting 3M. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the increase in sales of DVD video equipment for the year 1999, according to NPD Intelect.
- InterVideo WinDVD Creator Plus. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p61
Evaluates the InterVideo WinDVD Creator Plus software from InterVideo Inc. Key features; Advantages and capabilities; Cost.