- SOOOO BIG! Freivalds, John // MultiLingual Computing & Technology;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p66
Deals with the size of the translation and localization industries. Estimated annual sales generated by the industries; Market share of Bowne Global Solutions.
- Bowne Global Solutions. // J@pan Inc.;May2002, Issue 31, p48
Interviews Carl D. Glaeser, chief executive officer of Bowne Global Solutions. Operations of the company; Acquisition of Mendez SA by the company; Stock performance of the firm as of the year 2001; Discussion on corporate diversification, in relation to the economic condition of Japan.
- PIERRE CADIEUX: A CAREER IN INTERNATIONALIZATION. Locke, Nancy A. // MultiLingual;Apr/May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, Special section p10
The article presents the career development in the language industry of internationalization consultant Pierre Cadieux. The article reports that he already had a solid background and track record in scientific programming by the time he completed his master's degree in 1982 and was hired by...
- Microsoft gives Bowne 3-year localization pact. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;02/08/99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on Bowne Global Solutions' signing of a three-year contract to create editorial content, localize software and prepare local adaptations of multimedia and Internet products for the Interactive Media Group of Microsoft Corp. Completion of the Encarta encyclopedia project; Bowne & Co.'s...
- New Sustaining Organization. // Intercom;Jun2005, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the Society for Technical Communication is welcoming its newest sustaining organization as of June 2005, Bowne Global Solutions Inc. (BGS). Nature of business of BGS.
- HAVE WE FINALLY REACHED GLOBAL SCALE? Freivalds, John // MultiLingual Computing & Technology;Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p49
Comments on the impact of the acquisition of TRADOS Inc. by SDL International Ltd. and of Bowne Global Solutions (BGS) Inc. by Lionbridge Technologies Inc. on the language industry. Information on TRADOS; Views of John Egan, vice president of marketing for TRADOS, on mergers in the industry;...
- LANGUAGE INDUSTRY FOCUSES ON LIFE AFTER CONSOLIDATION. Beninatto, Renato; DePalma, Donald A. // MultiLingual Computing & Technology;Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p55
Discusses the effects of the acquisition of TRADOS Inc. by SDL International Ltd. and of Bowne Global Solutions Inc. by Lionbridge Technologies Inc. on the language industry. Comparison between Lionbridge and SDL; Advantages of acquiring TRADOS to SDL; List of competitors of Lionbridge in...
- Matsushita spin begins. Robinson, Gwen // Variety;4/17/95, Vol. 358 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the statement by Matsushita Electronics Corp. chairman, Yoichi Morishita regarding the sale of MCA Inc. in the United States. Strategy of MEC to dump a financial burden.
- Actel, Matsushita sign new accord. DeTar, Jim // Electronic News;12/19/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2045, p1
Reports on the forging of a five-year agreement between Actel Corp. and Matsushita Electronic Components Corp. for the development of advanced semiconductor process technology. Scope of the agreement; Views from company executives; Importance of manufacturing relationships in the achievement of...