The litigation ledger
- Patent fending. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;Dec97, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p111
Presents brief profiles of people and companies who have sued larger companies for patent infringement. Jerome Lemelson versus Mattel Inc.; Robert W. Kearns versus the Ford Motor Co.; Gordon Gould versus Control Laser International Corp.; State Electronics versus Microsoft Corp.; Peter Roberts...
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;05/22/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p22
Presents news briefs on the computer industry in the United States as of May 22, 2000. Information on the patent infringement case between EMC and IBM; Terms of the merger agreement between Terra Networks and Lycos; Details on the tax credit bill for telecommuters proposed by Senator Rick Santorum.
- Want coffee with that sandwich? Gibbs, Mark; Mark Gibbs // Network World;01/29/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p102
Comments on patent infringement cases involving companies in the computer industry in the United States. Complaint raised by Menusaver Inc. against Albie's Foods; Details on the lawsuit filed by NetZero against Juno Online Services; Information on the settlement between Sun and Microsoft.
- Evaluating damages in patent infringement cases. Wolf, Steven A. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer98, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p9
Presents information on intellectual property case filings in Pennsylvania. Number of intellectual property case filings between 1986 and 1997; Percentage of a company's value represented by intangible assets based from Brookings Institute study; Cause of the increase in damage awards;...
- The Sin of Self-Persuasion. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;Nov99, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p92
Presents a legal scenario where a trial lawyer wanted not to be involved in a patent infringement trial. Reason the trial lawyer does not want to be involved; Strategy of a patent lawyer in cases like this; Strategy of the defense; Issue on credibility.
- IN BRIEF. // Builders Merchants Journal;May2000, p5
Presents news briefs about the building materials industry in Great Britain as of May 2000. Acquisition of Cox Building Products by CRH; Failure of Stormguard Sills to prosecute rival manufacturer Exitex over an alleged patent infringement; Acquisition of Perstorp Surface Materials by...
- Adobe and Quantel paint over patents. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p4
Reports that Quantel and Adobe Systems Inc. companies have given up their fight over an alleged patent infringement by Adobe, after almost two years of legal battle. Court decision in Delaware on five Paintbox patents; Analysis of the case.
- Brief Cases. // Management Review;Oct99, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p50
Presents information on several infringement cases in the United States as of October 1, 1999. Patent infringement claims of New Jersey-based bank against the state of Florida; Claims of a school administrator against a plastic surgeon; Legal actions taken by the Porsche AG against infringers...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. Goral, Tim // University Business;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p15
Discusses some university patent-infringement suits in the U.S. Information on the claims of the University of Texas against Xerox Corp.; Legal action sought by Cornell University against Hewlett-Packard; Case filed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Electronics for Imaging Inc....