A simple desultory PHILIPPIC; or, how I was Y2K'd into SUBMISSION
- Y2K wrapup: end of an error. Irwin, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;01/03/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p1
Looks at the future of computer industry after the Year 2000 computing crisis (Y2K). Shift of focus into upgrades and expansions especially in large organizations; Increase in demand from small and medium-sized businesses that decided to forego front-end fixes and repairs; Surge in personal...
- Protection (Kan.) turns to @Backup for protection. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p10
Reports on Protection, Kansas' plan to have a barbecue on April 10, 1999 to celebrate its status as the first American town to be protected from the Year 2000 computing crisis. Backup's offering of free data backup service in Protection; Protection as the first town in the United States to be...
- Twenty questions for your management about Y2K issues. Bracken II, Lawrence J.; Strobl, Carla Ippolito // NACD Directorship;Dec98, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
Discusses the potential consequences of the Year 2000 (Y2K) problem in computing. Questions addressed to corporate chief executive officers; Role of chief information officers in Y2K project implementation; Impact of Y2K remediation efforts on company finances.
- As I See It. VanDer Schaaf, Peter // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p27
Focuses on the Year 2000 computer problem in the United States. Y2K compliance among government agencies; Preparations made by the financial services, utilities, telecommunications and transportation sectors; Impact of the Y2K problem on the country's economy.
- No Y2K fix for old gear. Greene, Tim // Network World;12/01/97, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on the approaches of United States-based computer companies in dealing with the year 2000 problem. Distribution of fixes through service packages; Plans to replace noncompliant hardware before year 2000; Awareness of interoperability among products from different vendors. INSETS:...
- Resolutions for Y2K minus one. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;01/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p54
Stresses the dominance of computing in the year 2000. Year 2000 computing crisis as a serious problem; Popularity of the Internet; Installation of software.
- Year 2000 solution provider. // Software Magazine;Mid-Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p55
Presents a directory of year 2000 solution providers in the United States. Services offered; Contact information; Includes Primeon Inc.; Infoliant Corp.
- How to cope with the millennium time-bomb. Corbit, Terry // African Business;Nov98, Issue 237, p25
Recommends several measures on dealing with the year 2000 date conversion problem of computers. Taking advice; Auditing information technology system; Checking with hardware and software suppliers about their strategies for handling the problem; Several software products from Viasoft for...
- Year of the bug. Elliott, Elaine X. // Travel Agent;07/01/96, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the efforts of the travel industry and computer companies to prepare their computer systems for transition into the year 2000. Reason for inability to recognize year 2000 numbers by computers; Booking volumes for the year 2000.