On the Market
- Security and Technology -- The Human Side. Mahaffey, Debbie // Corrections Today;Jul2004, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the available technologies in the fields of law enforcement and corrections. Information on a diamond heist in Antwerp, Belgium in February 2004; Importance of the human component in the improvement of technologies; Threat to the security of facilities.
- Article, Subject, and Author Index 2011 of the Journal of Criminal Justice and Security. Knap, Nataša; Šifrer, Jerneja // Varstvoslovje: Journal of Criminal Justice & Security;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p474
No abstract available.
- Truth about lie detection. // New Scientist;6/25/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 2818, p3
The author reflects on law enforcement's use of polygraph machines, or lie detectors, despite the proven inaccuracy of the technology, noting that human beings are better at discerning lies than any machine yet created.
- Institutional Management of Security Threat Groups. Donahue, J. David // Corrections Today;Apr2006, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p8
The article emphasizes the importance of a systematic and effective institutional management of security threat group activity in the U.S. It points out that systematic management of security threat will reduce criminal activity and improve public safety. Consequently, the management of security...
- 6 Elements That Form a Context for Staff Safety. Doyle, Jesse W. // Corrections Today;Oct2001, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p101
Explores the six elements of environmental structure that form a context for correctional staff safety. One of the important elements of maintaining an effective correctional organization; Discussion on the physical security system as part of the physical plant; Significance of a behavior...
- Witnessing a Correction in the Physical Security Industry. Hunt, Steve // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2008, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p76
The author reflects on the correction on the industry of physical security. He believes that people are witnessing a correction in the security market. He mentions that security technology manufacturers like UTC and Pelco ceased innovation related to security. This act is a type of correction...
- Exploring Blended Touch-Screen and Graphic Panel Control Systems. Ross, Richard; Buursma, William // Corrections Today;Jul2004, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p56
Provides information on the blended security controls system featured by the latest generation correction facility that uses both touch-screen and graphic panel control technologies as of July 2004. Comparison of the touch-screen technology and the graphic panel technology; Emphasis of the...
- Security Checks and Balances. Ramusovic, Aida // Transitions Online;6/2/2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the draft laws adopted by the Montenegrin government in May 2003, to transform its police and create a National Security Agency that will answer directly to parliament. Changes that will be brought about by the draft laws; Provisions of the draft laws; Discussion on the criticisms...
- Parking Lessons to Reduce Risk. Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2012, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p46
The article provides ways to reduce the number of crimes in parking areas as well as ways to stop clients from becoming victims. It suggests installation of security systems as the first step in a multifaceted approach to securing areas that are often ignored in favor of more glamorous spaces....