Credit Digital for Security
- News Briefs. // Credit Union Journal;11/20/2000, Vol. 4 Issue 47, p25
Focuses on developments concerning credit unions in the United States as of November 20, 2000. Warnings against fraudulent check schemes issued by the Mid-Atlantic Corporate Federal Credit Union to its member credit unions.
- GPFCU Aims To Cut Check Fraud. Jepson, Kevin // Credit Union Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 30
Reports the goal of the Georgia Power Federal Credit Union (GPFCU) to cut the zero check fraud in 2002. Annual rate of bad checks in GPFCU; Preparations of the credit union to realize the goal; Effect of the positive fingerprint technology to minimize the fraud.
- Check Fraud, Other Low-Tech Risks Plague Credit Unions. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p6
Reports on check fraud and other low-tech risks plaguing credit unions in the U.S. Rate of check fraud; Internal fraud.
- How to join the fight against check fraud. Treece, Kevin // Credit Union Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p96
Deals with the prevalence of check fraud in the United States. Factors that contribute to the problem of check fraud at credit unions; Forms of check fraud; Ways to deal with the problem.
- CUs Spared In County Beseiged By Bad Check Problems. Ortiz, Lauralee // Credit Union Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the bounced check cases pending at the Saint Francois County Circuit Court docket in Missouri, has not affected Leadco Community Credit Union and Southeast Telephone Employees Credit Union. Strategies that credit unions employ to avoid bounce checks; Court sentences for defendants...
- An Old Threat Returns. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;1/31/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the increasing number of check fraud in credit unions which is considered as one of the oldest methods of fraud in the industry in the U.S.
- Despite Decline In Check Usage, Check Fraud Itself On Upswing. // Credit Union Journal;1/31/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the increasing trend of check fraud in credit unions despite the decreasing number of check usage in the U.S.
- Article, Subject, and Author Index 2011 of the Journal of Criminal Justice and Security. Knap, Nataša; Šifrer, Jerneja // Varstvoslovje: Journal of Criminal Justice & Security;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p474
No abstract available.
- NEWS FROM CUJOURNAL.COM. // Credit Union Journal;2/2/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p11
The article offers news briefs related to credit unions in the U.S. A former business man and president of Lauderdale County Teachers credit union (CU) was discharged from bank fraud and conspiracy charges. A 27-year-old man was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment while his mother was sentenced...