10 Ways to Mitigate Terror Attacks
- Maximum Security. Chapman, Parke // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2004, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the possibility of another terrorist attack to take place in the U.S. Emphasis on the importance of security in office buildings; Amount of money needed to invest in security systems; Issue on the very high turnover of security guards in the country.
- Office Market Has Worst Quarter Since 2001. // National Mortgage News;5/18/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the continuous decline in the office market in the U.S. for the first three months of 2009. It states that the continued downfall of the market marked the worst quarter since the third quarter of 2001 and the September 11 terrorists attacks. It says that national office...
- Two NYC CUs Still Searching For A Home. // Credit Union Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on the search by two of New York City's credit unions which are based at and near the World Trade Center, XCEL Federal Credit Union and Municipal Credit Union, for prospective sites for a new headquarters facility, after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
- TFC backs London with early office purchase. McCarthy, Barney // Mortgage Strategy;7/18/2005, p8
Reports on the acquisition of premises in London by The Finance Center to support for the capital's defiant reaction to the terrorist attacks in England. Plan of TFC to open an office in the area as a venue for processing.
- INTEGRATED LIGHTING AND SHADING CONTROL USING DAYLIGHT MODELLING OF AN OFFICE ROOM. Lehtovaara, Jorma; Pakanen, Jouko // Light & Engineering;2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p90
An integrated control of both artificial lighting and Venetian blinds is one method of decreasing energy consumption in office buildings. However, developing a practical and viable control system is not straightforward. Choosing the right illuminance level for the whole room and, at the same...
- Country Risk Summary: BAHRAIN. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
The U.S. says it has credible evidence that militants are planning to attack Western targets in Bahrain, and has evacuated all non-emergency military personnel. The islands have little history of domestic unrest, and many local residents are therefore sceptical about the alleged security risk,...
- New York increases security around synagogues. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;11/18/2014, p1
(JTA) -- New York City increased its police presence at synagogues and other locations in the wake of an attack on a Jerusalem synagogue that left five dead.
- Village Life: An Orwellian Fantasy. // Time;
The article reports on the guerilla-proof village for the Winter Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria. It notes that the village surface resembles the Orwellian Fantasy that provides protection to athletes and coaches from terrorists attacks. It highlights the electronic wires in a chain-linked fence...
- FOR LEASE A Land Rush Like None Before It. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;9/25/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p8
Focuses on the impact of the terrorist attack on the relocation of business enterprises in New Jersey. Increase demand for office space; Occurrence of lease deals; Usage of vacant communications infrastructure.