Badging In and Out
- Apc price-to-performance ratio. // Australian Personal Computer;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p58
The article presents information on computer hardware multifunctional device from technology company Brother. Brother's "DCP-110C" is the multifunction device that offers the best value here, as well as earning a Highly Recommended award. At$ 249, excellent print quality and quick output in a...
- Help save printer ink. // Micro Mart;Sep2014 Special, Issue 1330, p97
The article discusses how to save printer ink and limit printer overheads. Topics covered include the importance of doing research before buying a printer, how duplexing can help save paper and reduce printer overheads, and how to minimize ink wastage by performing constant printer software...
- GP Net: Revealing the true cost of printers. Jones, Karl // GP: General Practitioner;5/3/2004, p62
The article presents information on how to choose a printer that is good value to run, not just cheap at the start. Good-quality printers are more affordable. Choosing which printer to buy depends upon many factors, not least the quality of output. Running costs are perhaps the most important...
- The forgotten security risk. Naraine, Ryan // eWeek;2/18/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p30
The article discusses the risks of a networked multifunction printers in offices in the U.S. Security researchers warned that combining several functions in a single unit including fax, copy, print and scan could be a prime entry point for hackers. This is because no one in an enterprise pays...
- Computer Paint Systems. Lewell, John // BKSTS Journal;Dec1981, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p746
The article focuses on the development of computer paint system. Three different types of manufacturers develop packaged computer paint systems. The first type of manufacturers have the broadcast market as its target customer. The second type of manufacturer is concentrating on producing the...
- Microprinting method improves device nanoscale fabrication. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov2005, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p32
Focuses on the development of microdisplacement technique in printing by Paul S. Weiss and team. Precision of microdisplacement technique; Information on the printing method; Capability and processes behind microdisplacement printing.
- PICTURE THIS. Pedroza, Gisela M. // Entrepreneur;Jul2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p46
Features the Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer. Design; Specifications; Price.
- HOW WE TESTED. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Oct2006, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p50
The article describes the criteria used in testing ink cartridges of computer printers. These include the ink capacity of both compatible and genuine cartridges, the quality difference between compatible and genuine cartridges, how print quality changes over the life of the cartridge and...
- Saving money on printing. Cook, Rick // Model Retailer;Jul2005, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p24
The article presents several tips for keeping the cost of printing down. Choosing the right printer is very important. Aside from selecting the right printer, there are other things that can be done to hold down the cost of printing. Buying refilled cartridges or kits can cut the cost of printing.