- Delayed Exit No Entrance. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p24
This article reports that certain building doors can have controls so that people outside the building cannot enter the locked door while people inside the building can exit. The equipment fits well where the exit door may be near public areas or where shoplifters could leave without visibly...
- Solid support. // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p50
The article reports on the installation of life safety equipment in Liverpool's Plaza Development in England. The fire alarm system had to be on a floor-by-floor basis, so the existing alarms remained in operation while the new solution was installed. There will be new electric alarm system...
- FIRE PROTECTION-LIFE SAFETY EQUIPMENT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2007 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 37, p20
A list of fire protection-life safety equipment is presented. It includes air sampling systems, addressable sensors, beam detectors, carbon monoxide alarms, duct detectors, flame detectors, gas detectors,heat detectors, manual fire alarm pull stations & accessories and smoke sensors and detectors.
- How to Ensure Fire-Alarm System Reliability. Knoras Jr., Michael J. // Buildings;Jun2007, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p88
The article presents information on how to ensure the reliability of fire-alarm systems. If you understand what type of building you have and how your community's codes apply, you will better understand your fire-alarm system's role in the life safety of your building. The most important thing...
- The editor's comment. Northey, John // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Comments on the activities in respect of revising and preparing new standards in the fire detection and alarm area in Great Britain in 2002. Revision of code of practice for fire detection and alarm systems; Design and installation of fire detection and alarm systems; Smoke alarms for deaf people.
- Alarm graphics for PC. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p31
Introduces two Santana graphics computer software for fire alarm panels. Features of the products; Design; Applications.
- FREE SEMINARS. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p4
Lists the free seminars to be held at the Firex South 2004 show on March 23-24, 2004. Seminar on Fire Suppression with Safe Oxygen created by FirePass by Lowndes Consult; Seminar on False Alarm Reduction - a Manufacturer's View by Apollo Fire; Seminar on Cabling Issues for Fire Alarm...
- What's that noise? Broughton, Mike; Choppen, Bob; Jones, Vivian; Stockwell, Nigel // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p11
Argues that there is a need for a standard alarm tone or tones reserved for fire alarm use. Role played by audible signals; Indication of the widespread use of audible alarms; Approach to standards for fire detection and alarm systems in the country.
- Alarm system for the deaf. // International Fire & Security Product News;Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the move of the Waldorf Hotel in London, England to install the fire alarm and messaging system called Deaf Alerter designed for deaf and hard of hearing people. Description of the radio-based warning system; Features of Deaf Alerter; Information on the Deaf Alerter portable bedroom...