News & Notes
- Textron, L-3 Aim At SSC Competition. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;9/29/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 63, p6
The article focuses on the company Textron Marine & Land Systems (Textron) and reports on its plan to bid for the U.S. Navy's contract of Ship-to-Shore Connector (SSC) planes. It states that Textron has experience of several years in manufacturing and maintenance of Navy's landing craft air...
- Private Sector News. // Corrections Today;Feb2004, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p85
Presents news briefs related to corrections in the U.S. as of February 2004. Recognition of John H. Spyhalski, project engineer at Hayes, Seay, Mattern & Mattern Inc., as a designated Design-Build Professional; Appointment of Allen Barber as senior vice president of L-3 Communications.
- Companies Join to Address Construction Jobsite Theft. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2006, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p10
The article reports the announcement by Williams Scotsman International Inc. of a strategic alliance with DeWALT Industrial Tool Co. to incorporate the SITELOCK portable wireless alarm system into its mobile office fleet for use on construction jobsites. Given the fact that theft is deemed the...
- LOGISTICS: Briefs. // Traffic World;8/16/99, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p18
Reports business developments in the United States as of August 1999. Growth of the non-manufacturing business; Launch of the Compaq Services Network by Compaq Computer Corp.; Formation of an alliance between Logistics Consulting Group and SECASA company.
- ACSS, L-3 Communications, Thales. // AirGuide Online.com;9/28/2009, p2
The article reports on the joint venture among Aviation Communications and Surveillance Systems (ACSS), L-3 Communications, and Thales to develop a software which enhances the capability of aircraft operators. The joint venture includes the upgrade of TCAS 2000 and TCAS II to "Change 7.1...
- XML. // Financial Executive;Jun2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p19
The article looks at a comprehensive re-seller and bundling agreement signed by iWay Software Inc., an Information Builders company that accelerates e-business integration, and XML Global Technologies Inc. According to the agreement, iWay Software will market and resell XML Global's products....
- `It just feels right' Remich Jr., Norman C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Apr95, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p54
Discusses the redesigning of DeWalt's professional cordless drill. Improvement of the product based on market research data; Technical help rendered by Philips Plastics Corporation regarding achievement of a better comfort level during use; Benefits of using multishot process.
- Screwdrivers add soft touch to tough work. // Design News;2/2/98, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p50
Reports that DEWALT Industrial Tool Company of Hampstead, Maryland is promoting it tools as `Guareenteed Tough.' Information on the launching of redesigned versions of the company's drywall screwdrivers; Comments from Rick Brannaman, senior project manager for DEWALT.
- The Battle of the Alliances. Freidheim, Jr., Cyrus F. // Management Review;Sep99, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p47
Discusses the strategic alliances of enterprises in the United States. Advantages of forming cross-border alliances; Misconceptions in industry consolidation; Characteristics of the relationship enterprise; Problems in acquisition; Industries formed by relationship enterprises. INSETS: Global...