Taking the Delay Out of VOD Ads
- Power to the :30. Frey, Barry // Adweek;2/2/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 5, special section p2
This article focuses on cable television advertising. In addition to 30-second advertisement spots, cable operators are offering advertising slots during video on demand and interactive television. The author believes that the effectiveness of the 30-second slot has been diminished and that...
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- On-Demand Ads Slip Into Content's Clothing. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p19
The article reports on the changes in television advertising in the U.S. Video-on-demand programmers are employing the art of weaving promotional messages and cable operators are trying to expand the reach of their advertisers' longer-form, on-demand showcases. Their goal is to break VOD...
- Are video-on-demand viewers Big Media's next great hope? STEINBERG, BRIAN // Advertising Age;10/3/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 35, p16
The article considers the impact of video on demand services on the ratings of television programs. Broadcast and cable television networks which have begun to count viewers of programs who use video on demand in the overall ratings of programs which determine advertising rates are discussed. It...
- Australia ends ban on cable TV spots. Burbury, Rochelle // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI22
Anticipates Australia's lifting a ban on cable television advertising on July 1, 1997. Cable operators' jockeying for position for first chance at advertising revenues; Results of studies prediction advertising revenue from cable television; Multichannel clients' interest in channels like CNN,...
- Cable ads hit narrow target. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the growing advertising segment of cable television companies in Tucson, Arizona. Advantages offered by cable television over radio and television; Price range of a 30-second television commercial spot.
- TvB eyes cable cannibas. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;01/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has pointed out that only three of the ten highest-rated basic cable networks in prime time registered ratings increases in its 1996 fourth-quarter ratings analysis. Impact on top networks; Results of the Nielsen Media Research top cable network...
- Basic viewers on the rise. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p90
Cites the increase in cable television viewers in the United States during the first full week of April 1999, according to the Cable Advertising Bureau. Prime-time household delivery of advertising-supported cable; Aggregate prime-time audience of the Big Four television networks.
- Mexican Ad Dispute Continues Deadlocked. Dallas, Jo // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p60
Focuses on the conflict between wireless-cable operators and programmers over the industry's advertising market in Mexico. Threat by MVS Multivision SA to block the commercials of international networks; Operators' complaint against pan-regional programmers that sell pan-regional advertisements...