Charter Asks For Basic Dereg In Northwest
- Charter Charges Modem Subs for TV. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p33
Reports the modem subscriber charges of multichannel cable and satellite operator Charter Communications Inc. for lifeline video service in the U.S. Amount of the charges; Number of modem-only customers; Allocation of the extra fee.
- DirecTV to Intensify Push Into Cable's Weak Markets. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the plan of satellite provider DirecTV to increase subscriber acquisition efforts, especially in markets where cable is perceived as a weak competitor, as of April 21, 2003. Net loss posted by the company in the first quarter of 2003; Actions planned by DirecTV competitor Charter...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;12/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p26
Several statistics are presented related to the multichannel news index (MNI) of the U.S. as of December 2013 including satellite television, telecommunication industry and a graph related to profit of telecommunication company Charter Communication Inc. is also presented.
- Cable Could Be Caught by the Web. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p1
The article presents a prediction that free online content will erode the subscription revenue source of cable and satellite companies. Cable and satellite operators are worried about seeing their services cut out of customers' budget during the recession. Comcast lost almost half a million net...
- Two Tales of Two Cablers' Red Ink. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p12
Focuses on the reasons behind the net losses incurred by multiple system operators Cablevision Systems and Charter Communications in the second-quarter of 2004. Reservation of sizable one-time charges during the three-month period ending June 30; Disconnection of service during the summer...
- Satellite news service planned. // African Business;Sep97, Issue 224, p40
Reports on Bloomberg and World-Space's announcement of an agreement to broadcast 24-hour news and information on 23 satellite television channels. African programming; Use of the AfriStar satellite.
- Satellite technology. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p42
Reports that satellite technology has spread across Asia bringing television and radio to over 50 countries. Star Television in Asia. INSET: Getting the message across..
- Changing affiliates juggle dishes. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p64
Reports on the state of direct broadcast satellite television in the United States. Technological innovations; Establishment of dedicated satellite service; Equipment purchases; Examples of American television networks upgrading their satellite television services.
- Showtime makes long-distance call. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p96
Reports on the use of satellite feed by Spanish commentators in the December 17, 1994 International Boxing Federation (IBF) Middleweight title bout in Quito, Ecuador.