NFL Net Makes Local Pitch
- A Channel for All Sports Seasons. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. sports cable television network NFL Network as of February 7, 2005. List of the companies which NFL Network has distribution deals with; Information on its video-on-demand service during the regular season; Company plans for 2006.
- 'Definitive' Adelphia Sale Bolsters 2 Top Cable Ops. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
Presents updates on the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. as of April 25, 2005. Cable television operators that emerged as the definitive winners in the bid for the company; Approval of the acquisition deal by the boards of directors of the company; Details of the acquisition deal.
- NFL Net scores Adelphia. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p5
This article reports that The company NFL Network continues to march toward the end zone of widespread coverage, landing a carriage deal with Adelphia Communications Corp., the fifth-largest cable operator in the U.S. When added to previous carriage agreements with Comcast Crop., DirecTV Inc.,...
- NFL Goes Long. Grossman, Ben; Higgins, John M.; Eggerton, John; Clarke, Melanie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 32, p14
The article provides information on the marketing plan of NFL Network to compete with cable networks in delivering National Football League's games in 2006. Advertising campaigns of NFL includes TV and in-stadium giant screens. According to Dick Ebersol of NBC Universal, long-term strategies is...
- Say bye-bye to your Blockbuster. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the impact of video-on-demand (VOD) service offered by cable television networks on the video retail business. Advantages of the service to viewers; Expectations of the cable television officials from the VOD service; Shortcomings of the service; Challenges faced by video retail...
- The Northern network. Levine, Shira // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on Canada-based cable television operators' applications for the approval of video-on-demand (VOD) licenses. View of cable operators about VOD services; Consideration of VOD as a broadcasting service; Need for cable companies to deliver better services than those offered by wireless...
- getting in the GAME. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on video on demand (VOD) products for the cable industry. Comcast's VOD platforms that could support about 450 hours of content; Concept of separating the streaming from the storage; InfoValue Computing Inc.'s software platform, called QuickVideo OnDemand. INSET: nCUBE opens up.
- VOD COMING ASHORE IN A SMALL CITY NEAR YOU? // CED;Aug2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p20
Focuses on implications of technological developments on the availability of video-on-demand (VOD) systems for small cable operators in the United States. Impact of the distributed VOD architecture on independent operators; Assessment of systems specifications and cost; Effect of the...
- Basic Nets Play VOD Card, Move Forward with Trials . Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p35
Focuses on the trend among United States cable television companies of moving forward with video-on-demand (VOD) trials. Intended purpose for cable television providers' decision to enter the VOD arena; Overview on the VOD trials conducted by various industry players; Potential advantages of...