Time Warner Eyes Wireless Trial
- sprint goes for the belly of the sale. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;6/21/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p42
Focuses on the approach of Sprint Corp. in filling up their network with the traffic of other wireless providers in the U.S. Criticism about the strategy saying that the company is allowing its competitors to take away market share; Specialization of the firm in providing wholesale landline...
- Time Warner planning VOD test. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Time Warner's plan to introduce a full-blown video-on-demand (VOD) test in 1999 or early 2000. Testing of deployable equipment in the field; Description of equipment used by the company for the trial; Claim by server provider SeaChange that it can put a cable provider in the VOD...
- VOD Has Three Legs in Green Bay. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the launching iControl video-on-demand services (SVOD) from Time Warner Cable of Green Bay Wisconsin. Rate for the access of SVOD; Availability of SVOD tp digital-cable subscriber; Video recorders integrated within Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Time Warner Cable preps VOD service for L.A. area. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the introduction of video-on-demand service by Time Warner Cable on its Los Angeles area cable systems. Use of nCube's server architecture to deliver films to customers; Deals with Universal, Sony and Warner Bros.; Sufficiency of products to offer to customers.
- Oxygen/Time Warner Cable Air Karaoke. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the launch of the free on-demand channel Air Karaoke from Oxygen on Demand of Time Warner Cable in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oxygen has introduced the Watch to Win sweepstakes as a way to promote the free on-demand service. It is said that Air Karaoke plays on Oxygen on Demand...
- Time Warner Brings VOD to NYC. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports the launching of the video-on-demand service of Time Warner Cable in New York City. Emphasis on transactional content; Availability of hit movies from Hollywood; Subscription details; Prices of the cable stocks.
- Time Warner's VOD in L.A.: It's Like FSN, Only Cheaper. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p1
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s video-on-demand (VOD) launch by the company's Los Angeles, California division. Server storage used in VOD; Technological differences between Time Warner Cable's VOD and Full Service Network; Production houses and cable networks whose films would be shown on VOD.
- Time Warner's Flexible Backbone: ISA. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p30
Reports on video-on-demand platform deployed by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the first nine months of 2002. Number of markets in which TWC has deployed the service; Number of digital subscribers who can avail the service; Cable engineers who are responsible for the development.
- Start Spreadin' The (VOD) News. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);10/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on the launching of video-on-demand services by Time Warner Cable in New York City. Charges for the service; Plans for the launching; Reactions elicited by the move.