- Earnings. // CableFAX Daily;3/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the earnings posted by two U.S. cable television networks for the fourth quarter of 2005. Gemstar-TV Guide; TV Guide Channel.
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...
- Why Bundling Doesn't Work Anymore. GRIMES, WARREN // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p41
In this article, the author comments on the declining trend in the American Cable television companies' subscribers base and suggests that viewers ,in the U.S., are relying more on internet streaming as a source for video programming.
- Nickelodeon captures early kids upfront deals. // Advertising Age;2/5/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on U.S.-based cable television network Nickelodeon's deals in the children's upfront market for 1996.
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- ESPN PLAYS HARDBALL IN FEE DISPUTE. Wu, Nelson H. // Variety;12/9/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 4, p36
Reports that pay television network ESPN has threatened to pull out of the Taiwan market by December 31, 2002 if cable system operators carry out their threat to cut by almost half the fees they pay the network. Dispute between foreign cable networks and the local cable television industry;...