- Earnings. // CableFAX Daily;3/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the earnings posted by two U.S. cable television networks for the fourth quarter of 2005. Gemstar-TV Guide; TV Guide Channel.
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...
- Singapore pay-TV tender fails to attract new bids. Yap, Jimmy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p5
A tender to run a second pay-TV operation in Singapore closed last month with no applications. Singapore's media regulators attributed the no-show to the market's tiny size and the current economic situation. Observers, however, noted that the Media Development Authority was also to blame for...
- Pay TV change leaves tube blank, auds anger. Iyer, Shilpa Bharatan; Pearson, Bryan // Variety;9/8/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the move of the Indian government to introduce the conditional access system (CAS) in the southeastern city of Chenai on September 1, 2003. Reaction of Indian viewers to the introduction of CAS; Benefits of CAS to cable television subscribers; Root cause of pay TV problems.
- Sex, please, we're British. Gremillion, Jeff // MediaWeek;6/9/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, pSR8
Deals with the increase in popularity of cable network BBC America as of June 2003. Growth in the subscriber base of BBC America in 2002; Factors which contributed to the success of the network; Type of programming at BBC which are enjoyed by American viewers.
- Channels No Longer a Premium. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p40
Discusses study findings on subscriber's interest in lucrative premium subscriptions. Decline in number of premium channel subscribers; Interest of subscribers in various programming genres; Demand of subscribers for more movies; Reason why premium subscription rates have been falling.
- TOP CABLE NETS IN 18-49. // Daily Variety;4/7/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 4, p13
Lists the top five cable television networks U.S. in the 18-49 demographics as of April 7, 2005. TNT; USA; TBS. Spike; SciFi.