Something to Agree On
- Obama Picks Retirement Income Expert as His Budget Director. // Retirement Income Reporter;Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p9
The article announces that economist Peter R. Orszag has been nominated as director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) by President-elect Barack Obama in the U.S.
- REVOLVER. SHERMAN, GABRIEL // New York;4/18/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p32
The article examines the move of Peter Orszag, an economist and former White House budget director, to Wall Street, particularly Citigroup in 2011. The road that led to his position at Citigroup, that of choosing between the views of Bob Rubin, former senior counselor of the bank, or Joseph...
- MONEY TALKS. LIZZA, RYAN // New Yorker;5/4/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p50
The article discusses economist Peter Orszag, who is the director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) under President Barack Obama. Orszag's guest appearance on the television program "The Daily Show" hosted by Jon Stewart is discussed. Orszag talks about the process of creating...
- Correction. // Newsweek;4/27/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 17, p17
A correction to a quotation from Peter Orszag, director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB), that was published in the April 13, 2009 issue is presented.
- The Valuation of the Loss of Future Pension Income. Ben-Zion, Barry // Journal of Legal Economics;Winter2001/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on methodologies used by forensic economists for calculating lost pension income of employees in the U.S. Taxonomy of pension plans; Complications in calculations of lost defined benefits pension income; Tax consequence of lost pension income.
- Lawmakers press OMB head on pay-go policy exemptions. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;6/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 76, p14
The article reports that a bipartisan group of lawmakers has probed White House Budget Director Peter Orszag over the administration's flexibility on the new pay-as-go- law that would allow any new federal program to be paid by either cutting spending or raising taxes in the U.S.
- Citi May Hire Ex-White House Official. // American Banker;12/2/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 185, p16
The author reports that former White House Budget Director Peter Orszag may take a position in the investment banking division of the financial services company Citigroup Inc.
- Orszag Citi's New I-Bank Vice Chairman. // American Banker;12/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F347, p15
The article reports that former U.S. Budget Director Peter Orszag has been named vice-chairman of the investment banking division of financial-services company Citigroup Inc.
- Budget chief attacks Ryan's spending plan. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;2/3/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the argument of White House Budget Director Peter Orszag regarding the budget plan of Representative Paul Ryan to cut the budget deficit through reforms to the country's Medicare, commenting that the plan would increase healthcare costs for families and individuals.