- Something's in the air. Manning, Gretchen; Lewis, Kimberly // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p50
Provides information about gas detectors used in firefighting. Types of gas detectors; Areas of application; Factors that must be considered when choosing a gas sensor. INSET: Calibration: Make it a habit.
- Car hoseline trainer. // Fire;Apr2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1356, p56
The article offers information on Haagen's Car Fire Training Prop, a firefighting product that provides realistic and comprehensive training for emergency service professionals.
- Prototype Firefighter Locator Ready for Market. ROBERTS, MARY ROSE // Fire Chief;Sep2011, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the availability of the prototype firefighter location-tracking technology following a nearly decade of extensive testing by engineers and fire departments in the U.S.
- Thermal imagers move beyond black & white. Klug, Ron // Fire Chief;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p82
Discusses developments related to thermal imagers, cameras and sensors for fire fighting applications. Basic components a thermal imaging system; Factors that must be taken into consideration by fire departments in the selection of thermal imagers.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p154
Features a range of firefighting equipment. Panther challenger pumper; Gas detecting and monitoring products catalog; Portable hydraulic rescue tool.
- Fire Protection, Detection & Controls. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p83
Lists companies in the United States that offer fire protection, detection, and control systems. Actuating devices; Controls and fire monitoring; Voice evacuation and firefighters communication equipment; Fire extinguishing systems.
- Boats, planes and . . . // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the installation of portable fire extinguishing systems by the member companies of the British Fire Consortium in Great Britain. Maintenance of the portable fire extinguishers at Newquay Airport by Classic Fire; Involvement of Monarch Fire in airfield fire safety; Placement of...
- Electronic Road flare. // Wildfire;May/Jun2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p34
The article provides information on TurboFlare Alert from TurboFlare. It incorporates an electronic motion detector early warning and anti-theft system that will notify an officer of any interference from vehicles entering the traffic control pattern or anyone trying to steal the flare from the...
- Cool Tools for Hot Spots. // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p86
Features handheld thermal-imaging cameras and sensors for firefighting operations. Microbolometer; Electronic thermal throttles; Standalone automatic cameras.