BEST FOOD FORWARD
- Florida firefighters train on hotel blaze. // American City & County;Sep2007, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p17
A photograph of a firefighter extinguishing a blaze under realistic training condition is presented.
- Wildfire academy Feb. 13-17. // Wilson County News;2/7/2014, p8A
The article offers information on the Central Texas Wildfire Academy for firefighters to be held at the Camp Bowie, Texas from February 13-17, 2014, which offers classes in squad boss, ignition operation and tanker shuttle courses.
- FDNY graduation most diverse in city's history. BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL R. // Filipino Reporter;5/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p20
The author reflects on the diversity of probationary firefighters who graduated after completing a training program at the Fire Academy in New York.
- DCC hosts training program for police, fire investigators. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p14
The article reports on the training program for police and fire investigators at the Duchess Community College in New York which was held on June 1-2, 2009. The program of interactive demonstrations of the latest in crime scene and accidents was presented by Matt Steiner, Ed Dingman, and Michael...
- Police/EMS/Fire: Working with other public safety entities. Vrona, Bernie; Klocek, Dave // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p38
The article focuses on a joint-operation program organized by Henepin Technical College to help emergency medical services, police officers and fire personnel improve their basic incident response. The program, which will start in October 2010, will include an all day multiple scenario training...
- Anchorage Funeral Home helps their Honor Guard. McNeil, David // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Oct2011, pA22
The article reports that Anchorage Funeral Home in Alaska helps Honor Guard perform military honors during funerals for veterans or active duty soldiers who died.
- Many turn out to pay last respects to fallen fire fighter. HALVORSON, BARRY // East Bernard Express (TX);7/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the participation of firefighters in the funeral service and procession for Wharton Volunteer Fire Department (WVFD) Captain Thomas Araguz III in Texas in July 2010.
- Sunset Funeral Homes Partners with Local Television Station to Raise Nearly $30,000 for Local Honor Guards. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Jan2015, pA2
The article reports on the partnership between Sunset Funeral Homes and WCIA News Channel 3, the local television station in Illinois, for the Operation Honor Guard Day of Giving which is aimed at raising $30,000 for local Honor Guards.
- Structure Live Burn Training. Mannelin, Gene; Wurdeman, Mark; Nelson, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p40
Presents a letter sent to all fire departments in Minnesota regarding issues on the Live Fire Training Burn. Background information about the training; Guidelines that should be followed to conduct a live structure training burn; Online publications related to the training.