Accreditation Nets Better ISO Ratings
- From Poverty to Abundance: A Personal Story Motivates Volunteers. // Impact (Insurance Information Institute);Winter2016-2017, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the nonprofit organization NetVU, which provide industry advocacy, world-class education and networking to the communities. It highlights the commitment of the insurance professionals and organizations to help people in the communities. It also notes that the organization...
- Decision In N.Y. To Adopt Model International Building Code Is Highly Acclaimed by NAMIC. // Insurance Advocate;12/04/99, Vol. 110 Issue 48, p13
Reports on the decision by the New York State Fire Prevention and Building Code Council to adopt the International Family Codes for the establishment of a statewide model code. Praise from the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies on the state's decision; Support of the New York...
- What's your favourite thing about being a firefighter? // Hub (Hay River, NT);10/9/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p4
The article presents the views of the Hay River Fire Department's employees of Hay River, Northwest Territories on their volunteer efforts and the Fire Prevention Week including Vince McKay on community service, Trent Atwell on helping people and Sara Conley on the fire department.
- Just a second. // Accountancy;Oct86, Vol. 98 Issue 1118, p13
Reports that the Centre for Employment Initiatives, an independent, nonprofit organization in Great Britain, is conducting a survey of the effect of business secondment, when individuals from commercial companies are seconded for work in voluntary organizations. Plan for the study to...
- Profit Sharing. Miller, Samantha; Bowers, Michelle // People;09/04/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p151
Focuses on Laura Scher, the chief executive of Working Assets, a non-profit organization that provides assistance and volunteer workers for various causes and projects.
- The Bite in Roquefort. // Time;10/24/1960, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p96
The article profiles the Roquefort Association , a nonprofit organization of cheese importers, distributors and salesmen in the U.S.
- Giving Back. Stroope, Saundra // Personal Excellence Essentials;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p14
The article offers the author's perspective regarding the need to volunteer one's time at a nonprofit organization.
- Volunteerism down; not-for-profits suffer. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the impact of economic development on nonprofit organizations in New York. Decrease in the level of volunteerism in the state; Decline in the involvement in community programs; Effect of commuting on volunteerism. INSETS: So, what's a Not-for-Profit to do?;Volunteer opportunities.
- How to get involved. D. W. // TCU Magazine;Winter2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p40
The article offers advice on volunteering for nonprofit organizations.