Gregoire Named Washington Governor
- SNAPSHOTS: Washington Governor. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;12/8/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p21
The article reports that after a machine recount, Republican Dino Rossi was declared the winner of the November gubernatorial election in Washington state last week. He edged out Democrat Christine Gregoire by 42 votes out of 2.8 million cast--the closest vote for that office in the state's history.
- Try, Try Again. // National Review;2/14/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p16
Offers a look at politics and government in Washington State as of February 14, 2005. Details of voting controversy in the gubernatorial race between Dino Rossi and Christine Gregoire; Report that Gregoire defeated Rossi after a recount of votes; Decision of Rossi to contest the election results...
- Rerun Rossi? Goodin, Emily // National Journal;4/28/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p74
The article reports on the refusal of former state Senator Dino Rossi to announce his decision on whether he will run as a Republican candidate for gubernatorial elections against Democratic Governor Christine Gregoire in Washington. Rossi is already a successful commercial real estate investor...
- She's Got the Power. Goodin, Emily // National Journal;3/29/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p33
The article reports on the move of U.S. Democratic Governor Christine Gregoire to continue accepting donations for her re-election campaign, despite her promise not to seek contributions until after she signs all of the bills in 2008. Dino Rossi, 2004 Republican gubernatorial nominee, stressed...
- WASHINGTON. Cornfield, Jerry; Herald, Everett // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p25
The article reports that Republican Dino Rossi would challenge first-term Democratic Washington Governor Christine Gregoire in the 2008 elections. This would result to a rematch of their 2004 race that turned out to be the closest gubernatorial election in Washington history.
- Washington Judge Upholds Gov. Gregoire's Victory. // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p4
The article informs that a U.S. Superior Court judge yesterday upheld the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire as governor. In an oral ruling from the bench, Judge John Bridges rejected the lawsuit filed by the state Republican Party on behalf of its defeated candidate, Dino Rossi. Gregoire...
- Down for the Recount. York, Byron // National Review;2/14/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p38
Offers a look at politics and government in Washington States as of February 14, 2005. Controversy surrounding the gubernatorial election of Democrat Christine Gregoire; Efforts of defeated Republican candidate Dino Rossi to obtain a re-vote in the contested election; Problems encountered in the...
- Gregoire election certified. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/13/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, pA2
Reports that the Washington legislature certified the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire as the state's governor after her campaign against Republican Dino Rossi ended with statewide machine and hand recounts of ballots.
- Some 2004 Elections Still Being Settled. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p22
The article reports that a manual recount in Washington has placed Democratic gubernatorial candidate Christine O. Gregoire ahead of her Republican foe, Dino Rossi, by 130 votes. Secretary of State Sam Reed was expected to certify results late last week. A legal challenge by Rossi, who posted a...