Phoenix to Conduct Audit in Wake of Longtime Chief Financial Officer's Suicide
- CFOs Discuss Sarbanes-Oxley Lessons. Filipek, R. // Internal Auditor;Dec2005, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p17
The article discusses the report from Deloitte & Touche LLP, entitled Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404: Lessons Learned ... and the Road Ahead. The report is based on a series of roundtable discussions hosted by Deloitte with chief financial officers (CFO) and other financial executives. The report...
- Internal Audit. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p43
Reports on the creation of 'The Value Agenda' a study on the value of internal audit by the Institute of Internal Auditors and Deloitte & Touche LLP.
- The lot of the internal auditor. Haythornthwaite, Alice // Accountancy;May2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1317, p45
"Our internal audit work has pretty much doubled in the last year," says Deloitte & Touche LLP partner and internal audit expert Tarlok Teji. "Since 2000, we've probably experienced a year-on-year growth of 20% to 25%, and we're expecting a similar amount of growth in the coming year." Ernst &...
- Deloitte's Policy Issues. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p1
The article reports that eight Chicago-area issuers have asked their auditor, Deloitte & Touche LLP, to end a policy that the firm must review offering statements for bond sales that include a completed audit from the firm, an issue that will be on the agenda for this month's meeting of the...
- D&T Leads Insurance Audits. // Public Accounting Report;8/31/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Deloitte & Touche (D&T) LLP, the lead auditor of insurers in the U.S., based on the research and analysis of "Public Accounting Report." Number of publicly traded insurers which D&T audits; Audit clients and revenue audited by Ernst & Young.
- Maintaining Control. Marks, Norman // Internal Auditor;Feb2005, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the impact of the internal control audit requirement of Section 404 of the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 on the number of public accounting (CPA) firms and its implication for audit quality. Statistics of employees hired by Ernst & Young, Deloitte and PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2004;...
- JDS to investigate Deloittes' role in Capital Corporation. // Accountancy;Nov99, Vol. 124 Issue 1275, p11
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales has referred Deloitte & Touche LLP to the Joint Disciplinary Scheme (JDS) over its role as auditor to casino operator Capital Corp. JDS executive counsel Chris Dickson will conduct an investigation into Capital's audits from 1993 to...
- EMBRACING THE SOCIAL BUSINESS. JUERGENS, MICHAEL // Internal Auditor;Aug2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p15
The article presents an interview with Michael Juergens, managing principal for Information Technology Internal Audit (ITIA) at professional services firm Deloitte & Touche LLP, in which he emphasized the role of social media and internal audits in risk management.
- Audit Industry Doing Some Soul Searching. Whitehouse, Tammy // Compliance Week;Jul2013, Vol. 10 Issue 114, p38
During the Compliance Week 2013, held on May 20-22, 2013 in Washington DC, executives of different audit firms emphasized that the entire industry is taking measures to improve the quality of public company audits. Greg Weaver, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Deloitte & Touche LLP...