Several New Offerings Await Investors at Start of New Year
- TOB or Not To Be: Time for a Comeback? McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/20/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33302, p1
The article focuses on the aspect of the tender-operation bond (TOB) program, a financing mechanism that allows investors to borrow at short-term rates and invest in higher-yielding bonds in the U.S. It says that the municipal market dynamics are so favorable that investors involved in TOB...
- Getting More for Your Muni. Korn, Donald Jay // Black Enterprise;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p27
This article looks at the growing interest of investors in municipal bonds in the U.S. It attributes the situation to higher yields of municipal bonds compared to Treasuries and interest that is free from federal tax. It notes that municipal bonds are a way for cities, counties and states to...
- BABs Help Catalyze Market While Boosting Issuers, Jobs. Nicholas, Mike // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p35
In this article the author discusses the benefits offered by the Build America Bond (BAB) program to bond issuers in the U.S. He cites that more than 47 billion dollars of BABs have been issued by municipal governments, claiming that BABs create significant additional liquidity by drawing...
- 'Natural' AAA Bonds See Demand. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32772, p1
The article reports on the increasing demand by capitalists and investors of the so-called natural triple-A rated municipal bonds. The increase is allegedly due to the fact that the said municipal bonds offer lower yields than their insured counterparts. Another reason is allegedly the...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33100, p2
Several corrections to articles are presented including the miscalculation on the Municipal Bond Index that was published in the previous issue, and the misidentification for the lead underwriter on the $200 million of Louisiana fuel-tax revenue bonds that was published in the previous issue.
- The Show's Over, Folks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p1
Reports on a statement released by the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) saying that tax-exempt bond yields have been rising as the economy has shown signs of improvement. Outcomes of the FOMC meeting; Factors contributing to the falling bond prices; Impact on investors; Effect of the market...
- Municipal Bonds: Opportunity or Wealth Destroyer? BROWN, ZANE E. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p32
The article focuses on the increased local revenues inthe first quarter of 2011 which marks the increase of state and city revenues in the U.S. It states that 75% of the municipal bond market comes from the revenue bonds supported by revenues of specific projects like water and sewer services....
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p33
Presents bond market statistics as of February 24, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond index and prices.
- Munis Slide After Treasury Sell-Off; $113M of Port of Tacoma Bonds Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Decline in the sale of municipal bonds; Fear of investors on the growth of interest rates; Bonds issued in the market.