Principles of Traction
- Nursing the patient in traction. Morris, Linda; Kraft, Shirley; Tessem, Sandra; Reinisch, Susan // RN;Jan88, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p26
Reports on nursing a patient in traction. Basics on skin traction; Information on assembling traction equipment; Types of traction equipment.
- ORTHOPEDIC NURSING PART 1: Easing the burden of traction and casts. Brown, Sandy // RN;Feb75, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p36
Emphasizes the importance for orthopedic nurses to have a thorough knowledge of the skeletal anatomy. Nursing care for patients in traction; Application of plastic casts to immobilize a limb. INSET: Cast Care "DO NOT".
- The efficacy of traction for back and neck pain: A systematic, blinded review of randomized... van der Heijden, Geert J.M.G.; Beurskens, Anna J.H.M. // Physical Therapy;Feb1995, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p93
Conducts a systematic analysis of the literature to assess the efficacy of traction for patients with neck or back pains. Study population; Contrast between interventions; Measurement of effect.
- Changes in Neck Muscle Thickness Due to Differences in Intermittent Cervical Traction Force Measured by Ultrasonography. KATSUSHI KUNIYASU // Journal of Physical Therapy Science;2014, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p785
[Purpose] Many patients receive intermittent cervical traction in a daily treatment setting. However, unified settings for traction force, duration, and direction have yet to be determined. Therefore, an objective index is required to determine changes in traction conditions or to indicate its...
- EXPERIENCES IN CLINICAL PROBLEM SOLVING. de Tornyay, Rheba; Stillman, Margot J. // RN;Jul78, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p63
Part I. Presents simulated experiences designed to teach and assess clinical judgment and problem solving regarding a patient with a fractured femur. Background on the patient's condition; Assessment and orientation of the patient placed in balanced skeletal traction; Care for the patient in...
- Anterior shoulder reductions revisited. McKinley, Marianne // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p385
The article presents the methods applied by the author in managing a patient suffering from anterior shoulder dislocation. These include requiring the patient to sit if he/she can tolerate it, applying downward traction on the forearm, and ensuring a firm downward traction if associated with...
- Gaining confidence in caring for a child on traction. Roberts, Sheila // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p214
Children of all ages may at some time need to be on traction for a variety of reasons. This article will discuss the care required by children and young people while on traction. It will also explore some of the more common types of traction seen in paediatric settings and the reasons why...
- Degeneration Introduction of Decompressive Traction. Kennedy, Jay // American Chiropractor;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on the degeneration introduction of decompressive traction. Pull pattern; Specific parameters of decompressive traction therapy.
- TRACTION / DECOMPRESSION. // American Chiropractor;Jun2007 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 29, p61
A directory for orthopedic traction industry in the U.S. is presented.