House panel passes post-census review amid criticism from democrats
- House Committee Reports. // Congressional Digest;Mar1923, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p182
Lists public bills and resolutions reported by U.S. House committees to the House between February 23 and March 4, 1923. Committee on census; Committee on elections; Committee on flood control; Committee on foreign affairs.
- House OKs Post-Census Local Review of Counts. // Human Events;04/30/99, Vol. 55 Issue 16, p23
Reports that the Local Government Census Review Act (HR 472), a bill that will allow local officials a final review of census counts, has been passed by the United States House on April 14, 1999. Comments from Representative Dan Miller (R-Fla.), sponsor of the bill; Arguments for and against...
- Statement on House action on the census amendment. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/10/98, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p1569
Presents the text of a message given by the president of the United States (US) on August 5, 1998, which deals with the US House's action on the census amendment to the 1999 Commerce-Justice-State appropriations bill.
- The House of Representatives--state by state. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p221
Lists the number of representatives per state that are in the United States House of Representatives.
- Procurement rates are emphasized in '89... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/88, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p25
The House Appropriations Committee has recommended appropriations for Fiscal 1989 military spending that closely match funding already authorized by the full house. The appropriations bill does not repeat restrictive language on arms control issues already adopted by the House, but instead...
- House blocks attempt to slash station funds. Mecham, M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the House voted to recommend a 13 percent increase to NASA's total Fiscal 1990 funding, blocking an attempt to slash space station funding in order to benefit other programs. Other committee changes to NASA budget request. B
- Omnibus Drug Legislation. // Congressional Digest;Nov86, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p259
H.R.5484, the Omnibus Drug Enforcement, Education and Control Act of 1986, has spurred controversy. Should the Armed Forces be used to intercept shipments; Should the death penalty be used to deter sales? Listed: federal agencies involved, drug legislation 1965-86, recent Congressional...
- Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment. // Congressional Digest;Nov89, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p257
Presents a general discussion of the political issue of how to achieve a balance of revenues and expenditures within the Federal budget and the proposal of a balanced budget constitutional amendment.
- Statement to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Oct92, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p746
Presents a statement made by Richard Spillenkothen, Director, Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation before the Subcommittee on General Oversight and Investigations of the House Committee on Banking, Finance and Urban Affairs in which he discussed the impact of recent legislative and...