Alexandria, Va., drops bridge suit
- High Bid Delays Maryland Bridge Project. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p6
Reports on the delay in the Woodrow Wilson Bridge project in Maryland due to bid related to problems. Overview of the bid received by the project; Agreement between Maryland and Virginia to cover cost overruns.
- DOT's Mineta Announces Bridge Agreement. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31201, p46
Reports on the rebuilding of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Construction funding.
- Six options top $1 billion. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/5/95, Vol. 234 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the proposals to replace the overburdened Woodrow Wilson Bridge near Washington, D.C. Holding of public meetings to discuss seven alternatives for the bascule bridge.
- Bridge war heats up as county files brief. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p5
Updates on the regional battle over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Prince William County, Virginia Board of Supervisors' voting to file a court brief opposing a suit filed by the city of Alexandria; Alexandria's filing of suit to reopen the design phase of the proposed new bridge; Fairfax County's...
- REVISED WILSON BRIDGE CONTRACT DRAWS A 'WORKABLE' LOW BID. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 21, p13
Reports on the financial bid for the first part of three-contract package for the Woodrow Wilson bridge across the Potomac River in Maryland on November 7, 2002. Names of companies offering the bid; Other details of the bid; Plans to open other bids on January 7, 2003.
- Panel picks $1.5-billion project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/14/96, Vol. 237 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the plans to replace the aging Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge in Washington, D.C. Results of voting for the proposed replacement; Features of the planned bridge replacement.
- Virginia. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p28
Presents news items about municipal bonds in Virginia. Tour of the crumbling Woodrow Wilson Bridge to convince House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bud Shuster to provide federal funds to replace it; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s credit rating of the Fairfax County Water...
- Bonds are floated again in debate on replacing bridge across the Potomac. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p4
Reports that tax-exempt bond financing is being discussed as a possible source of funding for the replacement of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Insistence of Maryland and Virginia state officials of the federal government's shouldering of the construction costs; State officials' presentation of a...
- Replace Woodrow Wilson? // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/12/94, Vol. 233 Issue 11, p14
Reports on recommendations for a major rehabilitation for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Washington, D.C. Need for the bridge's rehabilitation in ten years; Recommendations of a panel of state and federal highway officials and consultants; Number of vehicles handled by the bridge daily; Estimated...