Senate panel OKs full PUHCA repeal
- PUHCA's grip loosens on takeovers of U.S. utilities. Havens, Thomas C. // Electric Light & Power;Feb2000, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 on the acquisition of United States electric utilities by foreign companies. Interpretation of the Securities and Exchange Commission on the law; Passage of the Energy Policy Act of 1992; Efforts of the Securities...
- PUHCA'S GONE: WHAT IS NEXT FOR HOLDING COMPANIES? Melnyk, Markian M. W.; Lamb, William S. // Energy Law Journal;2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the Public Utility Holding Company Act (PUHCA) of 1935 in the U.S. Conditions in the utility industry that gave rise to the law; Provisions of the law on public utility holding companies; Changes in the utility industry that led to the repeal of PUHCA on February 8, 2006.
- EW business market diary. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p5
Presents statistical information on the performance of public utility companies in the United States. Information on the top five percentage gainers and losers.
- Texas court reversal helps CAPs. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/23/93, Vol. 225 Issue 8, p3
Discusses ruling on competitive access providers' (CAP) right to offer local services without regulation from major local exchange carriers. Overruling of an order issued by Texas Public Utility Commission; Potential appeal on the decision by Southwestern Bell or Texas LEC.
- LÃ¡zÃ¡r: National utility provider up by March. // Hungary A.M.;9/30/2014, p1
The article reports that Hungarian government is planning to set up a non-profit public utility holding company in Budapest by March 2015 that would offer services such as electricity, gas or district heating, at competitive prices.
- Time to repeal the Public Utility Holding Company Act. Geddes, R. Richard // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 (PUHCA) which was passed during the Great Depression, in response to the failure of a number of utility holding companies. How investors were defrauded; How the act is costly; Features of PUHCA; Information on the Energy Policy Act of...
- Unified front needed to fight unfair utility competition. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p66
Editorial. Provides information on the program to fight unfair competition from utilities. Mention of some of the companies that present a united front to state and federal legislators and regulators.
- State regs spark new merchant issues. Zimmer, Michael J. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on the difficulties developers active in the United States are experiencing, due to the increased importance of state regulatory action for merchant plants. Problems which project owners encountered; Increase of incidence of conflicts between state and local regulation; How developers...
- Utility law primer. Shropshire, Douglas A. // Reporter;Dec90, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Presents information on utility law for judge advocates or attorneys in the United States Air Force responsible for legal matters relating to utility services. Air Force Review regulations which should always be in the reach of a utility lawyer; Primary responsibilities which base level utility...