Will bond insurance bill fly in Senate?
- Airports Brace for Funding Impasse. MOORE, DENNIS // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p1
The article reports on the impact of the congressional holding of federal funds for the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to the airport bond ratings. It notes that the FAA has ceased all grants under its Airport Inprovement Program and has issued a stop-work order for airport-related...
- FAA Asked to Settle Charlotte Airport Dispute. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Charlotte, N.C., wants the FAA to settle a lengthy governance dispute between local and state officials over Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
- Airports, Airlines Wrangle Over Passenger Fee Increase. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;4/23/2015, p29
The article reports on the proposal to increase the passenger facility charge (PFC). Topics discussed include the reason for doubling of the PFC, grants provided by the Federal Aviation Administration and revenue generated by airports since the year 2008. Additional topics discussed include...
- AIP funds delayed. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/29/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p31
Reports on the delay of federal funding to the Airport Improvement Program. Failure of Congress to pass the FAA Reauthorization Bill for Fiscal 1994; Letters of intent between the FAA and airports nationwide; Disagreement between the Senate and the House regarding the duration of the...
- U.S. grudgingly approves lax funds transfer. Dornheim, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/13/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the approval by the US Federal Aviation Administration of the plan of the City of Los Angeles, California to transfer about $54 million from the Los Angeles International Airport accounts to the city treasury. Reactions of the Air Transport Association to the decision protesting the...
- Majority of AIP Grants to Small Airports. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jun2002, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p36
Reports the financial assistance of the small airports on the Airport Improvement Program from the Federal Aviation Administration in the U.S. Increase of the facility charges; Installation of the training center projects; Support of the House of Transportation Committee on the federal grants.
- Worcester Regional Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p8
The article reports that the city manager of Worcester, Massachusetts, is encouraging the city council to apply for grants for the Worcester Regional Airport from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.
- Cincinnati/Kentucky Airport Bets Future on a New Runway. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31609, p1
Cincinnati/Kentucky Northern Kentucky International Airport will issue 135 million dollars of revenue bonds to finance a new runway at the airport. The Kenton County Airport Board will issue the bonds, which include 60 million dollars of auction reset securities backed by a letter of intent for...
- Senate Panel OKs $10.5B for Airports Over Three Years. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p5
The Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee has approved a bill on May 1, 2003 that would provide U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's airport improvement program with 10.5 billion dollars over three years, 300 million dollars more than President George W. Bush's administration...