Orange County, Fla., approves up to $400 million for light rail
- This airport isn't terminal. Carlton, Michael // Southern Living;Jun97, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p28
Features the Orlando International Airport in Florida. Presence of stores of major theme parks Disney, Sea World and Universal Studios in the airport's terminal; Benjamin Books as one of the finest bookstores in the airport; Eateries; In-airport Hyatt Regency Hotel.
- Feeding Disney. Nelms, Douglas W. // Air Transport World;July97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p177
Reports that Orlando International Airport (OIA) in Florida has begun expansion of its facilities, in light of its growth as a tourist destination. Factors which have significantly affected the growth; Cost of the expansion; Description of the plans to expand the airport; Statistical...
- Baggage Claim Area Fire Shut Down Part Of The Orlando International Airport. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Sep2013, p89
The article reports that a fire at baggage claim area closed part of the Orlando International Airport and caused some major delays on August 4, 2013.
- Central Florida attraction. Forward, David C. // Travel Agent;10/20/97, Vol. 288 Issue 3, p44
Reports on the improvements at the Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida. Features of central terminal areas and departure/arrival areas; Availability of services from the Hyatt Regency hotel; Factors contributing to the growth the area; Airline services being offered at the airport.
- Weather information via datalink demo begins at Orlando. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep93, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the start of ground-based Doppler radar terminal messages via datalink being tested at Florida's Orlando International Airport. Delivery of weather messages via Aeronautical Radio Incorporated aircraft communications and reporting system (ACARS); Plans for installation in other airports.
- Orlando Area Map. // Advancing Microelectronics;
A map of the Orlando, Florida is presented with information on locations of tourist attractions, different areas in the city, and the Orlando International Airport.
- Orlando airport poised for first PFC deal on heels of upgrade. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p3
Reports on the funding of the expansion project at Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida. Airport revenue deal of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority; Retail-order periods of airports.
- Accessible Flights. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Feb2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on the improved domestic and international airline service of Orlando International Airport (MCO) in Orlando, Florida with expanded options of first-class hospitality industry.
- New airport fire truck to pioneer Halotron delivery. Lavitt, Michael O. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/22/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p60
Reports that Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida, will have the first operational Halotron 1 delivery system when its aircraft rescue and firefighting truck is charged with the flame-dousing gas in a few weeks. Halotron 1 for extinguishing fires in aircraft engines; Halotron 1 as...