N.Y.C.'s Hevesi blasts idea of new authority
- New York to Sell $159 Million in GOs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p4
The article reports that New York will sell $158.5 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation bonds to finance general capital needs. The bonds will be sold in two series using i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system according to Comptroller Alan Hevesi. The tax-exempt bonds will...
- 2nd Quarter Lineup. Larkin, Gary // Bond Buyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31865, p39
Reports on the tentative second quarter schedule for the sale of debt announced by New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi. Estimated total amount needed for new-money borrowing; List of administrative agencies who participated in the sale; Proceeds of the bond sale.
- N.Y. Comptroller Announces Up to $4.15B in 3Q Debt. Albanese, Elisabeth // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p28
Reports on New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi's press release on scheduled bond issues by state agencies and authorities for the third quarter of 2004. Sales volume for the period; Major bond deals for the period.
- State needs to rethink transportation funding plan. Khasru, B. Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 31, p36
The article provides information on the plans to fund transportation improvements in Albany, New York. In relation to the plan, the Thruway Authority proposed to borrow 2.9 billion dollars on a 20-year bond and will have to pay only the interest for the first 5 years. If the proposal is approve,...
- Hevesi Says N.Y.'s Debt Burden Will Grow to $65B in Five Years. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p36
The article reports on the statement released by state Comptroller Alan Hevesi on debt burden in New York. According to Hevesi, the debt burden will grow by a third to nearly $65 billion in 2011. The New York City Transitional Finance Authority's building aid revenue bonds was singled out by...
- N.Y.C. comptroller, mayor's office debate syndicate RFPs. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p5
Reports on the dispute between New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi and the administration of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani on the reopening of the city's bond underwriting syndicates. Capacity to issue new obligation debt.
- N.Y.'s Big GO Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32079, p1
This article reports that New York will competitively sell about $555 million of general obligation (GO) debt, only weeks after Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi said in a report critical of the state's borrowing practices that New York has misused its credit. State officials have packaged the bonds in...
- City comptroller at Crain's breakfast. // Crain's New York Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p27
Reports that New York City Comptroller Alan Hevisi will speak at `Crain 's New York Business' breakfast forum on June 18, 1997. Issues to be discussed at the event; Who sponsored the event.
- Non-bonding promise. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p6
Reports on New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's waiting until 1995 to decide on new procedures for bond underwriters. Campaign on reducing the number of bond sales negotiated behind closed doors; Expectation on First Deputy Comptroller Michael Geffrad's recommendation for new procedures...